Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Falling into a deep pit of Depression....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My friends are getting married or engaged and all have nice houses or apartments, I'm constantly seeing post about someone closing on a house, or setting up there new apartments. I've been married for 7 years and I have 2 beautiful girls, BUT were staying with my parents. In October of 2012 our lease was up in the house we were renting with roommates, but they wanted the place to themselves so we left. I thought we would be back into a place by the very latest December but no, here it is almost February and were still living with my mom and dad. It seems like DH has no interest in getting into a place, he's content with this situation it seems. I work my butt off but I can't save money for a deposit for the life of me to get me and the kids into a place. I just don't make enough and then I have bills to pay. I just wish DH would take this more seriously, I want my own place, I want my own space. I am constantly trying to get him utilize his VA benefits or benefits that or offered to Veterans to no avail. I'm just so frusturated and upset to where I just wanna cry. I want something better for my babies.... I just needed to Vent...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymd
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, but things will get better cheer up:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Tax refund???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I try it just gets very stressful especially now that I have been informed that I have 2 weeks to get out...

Quoting lovemymd:

LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM
That's good!

I hope they follow through so your husband steps up!

Quoting Anonymous:

I try it just gets very stressful especially now that I have been informed that I have 2 weeks to get out...

Quoting lovemymd:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I'm currently waiting for my w2's I talked to the IRS though and they said theres an offset on my social, so I'm not sure how much we will get back.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Tax refund???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Exactly! I hope he takes this serious because I hate being a burden on my mom and dad. And our kids needs a stable place to live.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

That's good!

I hope they follow through so your husband steps up!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemymd:

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I lived with my Mother, hubby and kids for about year as we saved up for our first home.  Pay a little more than the minimum on any credit card bills but start socking the rest away for a down payment.  Remind your hubby that you are living with your parents and they arent living with you meaning it is not like they are elderly and they are staying with you because they need to be cared for KWIM.  You are adults and need your own place and he needs to step up as an adult, a husband and a father to want better for his family.

kbornman21
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I feel your pain...I'm not married, engaged or have babies get. We've been TTC since last year with 1 miscarriage. In just the last week...1 girl is pregnant and 4 are engaged. -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMoonlight
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Some states offer a once in a lifetime apartment deposit help. Check your local pa office
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I've been trying desperately calling several numbers that offer Security Deposits, Places that offer help to Veterans , PA office but I've been getting alot of people saying they don't have funds anymore.

Quoting MissMoonlight:

Some states offer a once in a lifetime apartment deposit help. Check your local pa office

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN