Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Open marriage. I'm going to hit him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My husband just told me we are in an open marriage. WTF!!! I flipped out on him, I never knew we agreed on an open marriage, nor would I ever. He swears up and down he hasn't cheated on me, but I seriously doubt him. He's been checking his phone a lot, has it on silent. I don't know what to think. We just got a new house, both of our names is on the mortgage. I'm hurt and pissed to no end. I thought he was happy and I thought he enjoyed having sex with me. I don't know what to think right now. We have 3 young kids. I take care of myself, I watch my weight and I do myself up everyday, so appearance wise I keep myself up. I make dinner every night, I'm supportive of almost everything he does. I kiss him and make him feel loved. Where did I go wrong?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Yea that never turns out well. We have friends that have a open marriage and all it does is cause jealousy and revenge sex for them.

Michelle_R
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Tell him no, you never agreed. If he doesnt like it tough! He married you! He promised to comment to you! Now he has the balls to say that. No, dont take that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think you went wrong anywhere...some men are just cheating, lying assholes. dig a little more and find out if he is cheating. you deserve better. i dont think you agreeing to be in an open marriage is something you'd just forget....

oboe_chik
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
well yea he has cheated i can tell u that with absolute certanity. Hes just trying to cover his tracks with the open marriage comment. And the phone thing is a huge red flag. Wouldnt be surpised if he is currently having an affair. Either get into counseling or get out...it wont end well otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

its not you its him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting oboe_chik:

well yea he has cheated i can tell u that with absolute certanity. Hes just trying to cover his tracks with the open marriage comment. And the phone thing is a huge red flag. Wouldnt be surpised if he is currently having an affair. Either get into counseling or get out...it wont end well otherwise.

Exactly this

glycerinej
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I'm sorry hun, I agree w/ ALL of this. I wish you the best of luck...

Quoting oboe_chik:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

It is not you it is him.   An open marriage is the worse.  Had some friends in the life style didnt end well.  Anyway  Not really sure what to say. 

Honestly I do think he is not being faithfull, so I guess you need to figure out if you want to be w/ him or get a divorce.  Try tho counseling first tho.   hugs hope you get what you want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Thanks ladies. I didn't think I went wrong anywhere. We've been married almost 13 years, I married him when I was only 18. I'm completely devastated. I'd never ever agree to an open marriage. I don't understand where that came from.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Last I checked that is a decision that people agree upo together...not telling the other person "we are".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured