Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Open marriage. I'm going to hit him.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband just told me we are in an open marriage. WTF!!! I flipped out on him, I never knew we agreed on an open marriage, nor would I ever. He swears up and down he hasn't cheated on me, but I seriously doubt him. He's been checking his phone a lot, has it on silent. I don't know what to think. We just got a new house, both of our names is on the mortgage. I'm hurt and pissed to no end. I thought he was happy and I thought he enjoyed having sex with me. I don't know what to think right now. We have 3 young kids. I take care of myself, I watch my weight and I do myself up everyday, so appearance wise I keep myself up. I make dinner every night, I'm supportive of almost everything he does. I kiss him and make him feel loved. Where did I go wrong?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs

Quoting moosesmom:

Yep :-)

Hang in there girl! You'll make it through this with OR without him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I'm trying to make sense of this. I guess in reality he's a selfish ass.

Quoting moosesmom:

And again what does that have to do with you mama? I've been where you are. I did the same thing to myself but eventually my lightbulb went off. At the end of day people will do what they want. His actions have nothing to do with what you THINK you may or may not have done. It's all him. Never blame yourself. Ever!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to figure out why he wants to have sex with other women after 13 years of marriage.

Quoting moosesmom:

Why do you think you did something wrong???

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Back at ya ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hugs

Quoting moosesmom:

Yep :-)

Hang in there girl! You'll make it through this with OR without him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I'm trying to make sense of this. I guess in reality he's a selfish ass.

Quoting moosesmom:

And again what does that have to do with you mama? I've been where you are. I did the same thing to myself but eventually my lightbulb went off. At the end of day people will do what they want. His actions have nothing to do with what you THINK you may or may not have done. It's all him. Never blame yourself. Ever!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to figure out why he wants to have sex with other women after 13 years of marriage.

Quoting moosesmom:

Why do you think you did something wrong???

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sexylinds123
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I feel so sorry for you.

My best advice is to seek counseling.

Or get out.

You deserve so much better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM
You did nothing wrong! Personally, I would no longer be his beck and call girl and have him work on "getting me". Maybe that would take up his free open marriage time.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

He doesn't get to make that decision by himself. That's a decision that has to be made as a couple. If you don't consent to it, then he's just cheating, no matter what he wants to call it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)