Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MYOB NO! I WONT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
36 moms liked this

My neighbors baby had been crying for HOURS!  I mean LOUD!  The parents are young, dad is 21 mom is 18 and they just moved in two weeks ago, they had the baby 4 days ago.  My DH kept telling me to mind my own business and leave them alone, well after he left for work I heard them start yelling at eachother.  My kids were in school so I went next door and knocked on the door.  Mom answered the door she looked like she hadn't slept in days, dad was trying to get the baby to sleep but he wouldn't.  I asked simply can I help you?  Dad handed me the baby and he was bringing his little knees to his chest.  So I pumped his legs and then attempted to burp him, one huge burp later he was asleep.  Dad thanked me and left for work,  I looked at the mom and told her to come over to my house she grabbed the baby's things and crashed on my couch while she and the baby slept for a few hours.  I gave her a few tips and told her to let me know if I could help let me know, 

Sometimes new moms need a helping hand.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
8 moms liked this

thats awesome of you! im sure you truly made her day just to know somone was there for her! if only there were more ppl like u in this world there might be less hurt children and less crazy moms!

Alexx88
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Aw that's so amazing for you to do that! I bet she was so relieved :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM
How so very nice of you! They all must have been so relieved!
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Kudos to you for helping out :)

KelissaMaye
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You are a good neighbor. I'm sure that they were at their wits end. Thank God for people like you.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM
That's very awesome of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Nothing like a new mom and baby finally crashing to get some Zzzzz's!
misslady80013
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

That was very nice of you.  After reading the title, I visioned this post going in another direction.  Kudos to you! :)

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I did too. I bet she was so glad u offered to help

Quoting misslady80013:

That was very nice of you.  After reading the title, I visioned this post going in another direction.  Kudos to you! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM

The poor thing looked like she was going to pull her hair out.  She is breast feeding and she had spicy Mexican food for dinner the night before.  I let her know that's not a good thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)