Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think he should get snipped..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

I've been on BC for 8 years.  Im done with it.  Got off, lost a tun of weight and now we are trying for the last.  DH thinks once that is over I need to get back on bc.  Hell no, thank you.  I'm done with putting crappy hormones and foreign objects in my body.  I think if he doesn't want any more (after we get pg from ttc we will have 2), then he needs to get snipped.  We could afford many more no issues, its that he doesn't want more.  I respect that, but its time he pulls his weight.  

What do you think?  Should he get snipped or should I get on bc??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Also, if he wanted to wear condoms, more power to him.  he won't, he hates them.  All things considered I feel like I've done my duty.  its his turn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:01 AM
If he's the one pulling for no more, it's his reposnsibility to ensure it doesn't happen.

I don't mess around with hormonal birth control whatsoever. I refuse.

He's got two options: get snipped, wear condoms, or take a huge risk pulling out. Leave it up to him but in no way should you be obligated to play with your hormones just so he has the luxury of finishing 'inside'.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pudgepocalypse
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:01 AM
You get your tubes tied.
FIREFOX1336
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I told dh the same thing, so he got snipped. It took 30 minutes and I drove him home rented him some movies, made sure he always had an ice pack, and got his pain pills on time he was down for a day, took it really easy for 2 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM
4 moms liked this

hell fucking no.  I've already been on hormonal bc, iud, and ring.  NO.  I'm done with that shit.  He can take some ownership especially because I wouldn't mind more.  I will not have another surgery just to appease his penis.  No fucking way. He should have his testies tied off.  Fuck that.

Quoting pudgepocalypse:

You get your tubes tied.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I felt the exact same way you did. I was on BC for 8 years after we had our first. I was  mean , moody, never wanted to have sex and alway tired with migraines while I was on them. It didnt matter what BC I took I always had issues. Then I went off of them for 2 freaking weeks because my migraines became intense and my doctor said I should be ok since Ive been on them for 8 years. wrong I was barely off for 2 weeks and was pregnant with #2. Then I switched to  the IUD and got a pierced cervix and cramped really bad to the point I had it removed. I then told my husband Ive had enough you need to do something. We looked into it and since we were both done with kids he got a vasectomy which was about 20.00 for us my insurance took care of the rest. He rested for 2 days and then went back to work. That was about 6 years ago and we have both been very happy since. Nothing changed in the bedroom so tell your husband nothing will change there in case he asks:) its just a lot easier with much less hassle and you dont have to worry about getting pregnant:)win win.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
He should it is less expensive, less recovery, less complications and IMO a mans job after deciding no more kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM
What?!

If HE is the one who is insisting on no more children, HE bears the burden of ensuring it doesn't happen. What happens if they end up divorced someday and she no loner has the ability to get pregnant?

Helll no! She has every right to keep herself intact if she is still open to the possibility of more.

Quoting pudgepocalypse:

You get your tubes tied.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH and I had this discussion. We are both done having kids. I do not want to be on the pill anymore. I do not like it. It makes me break out (as opposed to clearing skin like it's supposed to do for most people). He decided he is going to get a vasectomy. I am also looking into Essure, as an extra precaution, but I haven't made a decission yet. I think if he's the one that doesn't want more kids, he needs to make sure that doesnt happen.
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)