Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh is making a life long commitment without me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
We are having our second child, we're very very young, but we aren't on pa and we own our house. We aren't rich though, we afford all our bills with a little money left over.
I do agree that we shouldn't have anymore children for a long time, until he finishes school and I start anyways.
He wasn't to get snipped and I think it's a horrible idea. We are so young, what I'd five to ten years down the road we want another baby?
I think we should get something like the meraina(sp?) or something that's long term, but not forever.

Before you ask, our first was an accident, we were young and decided he would just pull out.. Our second was planned. (we can afford our children, we just aren't rich)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:33 AM

have you talked to him about how you feel on this matter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Yes, he is convinced he's super fertile... -_- we've had unprotected sex like five times in our four year relationship, I got pregnant twice lol.

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

have you talked to him about how you feel on this matter?

reindeer-c
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I would try an iud if you are having these thoughts. Once he has the procedure there is no going back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM
In my state, if you are under a certain age, your wife has to agree to it. My dh had one done at 24, he was not married but his mother had to sign a "permission slip" (as I like to call it!)

This was also 11 years ago, so it may have changed by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Exactly! He says he KNOWS he's done having kids, and I am too. For right now. But what about after we get higher educations and make more money?

Quoting reindeer-c:

I would try an iud if you are having these thoughts. Once he has the procedure there is no going back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Really? Oh that would be nice. I really don't want him to do that, especially since we aren't on the same page.

Quoting Anonymous:

In my state, if you are under a certain age, your wife has to agree to it. My dh had one done at 24, he was not married but his mother had to sign a "permission slip" (as I like to call it!)

This was also 11 years ago, so it may have changed by now.
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I would talk to him about it.. A lot. Try to tell him you can do the other things! Reversable things! If you don't want him to do it make him see your side :/ Good luck hun!

bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 AM

just keep telling him this is not what you want, and keep communication open

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I believe most decisions in a marriage should be up for a vote except having another child.  One "no" means no.  If he truly believes he is done having children, then I think you have to respect his wishes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM
How old are you guys? But try the depo its supposed to workgood. You could ask your ob and it was something that goes under your skin thats supposed to be long term, that was my first choice. If he gets snipped its no turning back. View all options and the best option for you guys overall
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)