Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Thinks They had a Rotten Childhood?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What would have made it better?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

A new set of parents... and I didn't have a rotten childhood, I had a destructive one... I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to be some sort drug addict or abuser considering how I grew up... I am a manipulator but that's as bad as it gets...

This. I probably should be a drunken whore, but I'm the opposite. I hate alcohol and men annoy me. I think they're evil. Thanks mom for your fucked up choices in men. A 7/8 year old shouldn't see you and your drunk boyfriend passed out naked as the day they were born and passed out in the door of your bathroom. My child will never ever see me like that, and she'll never see any man that I'm with like that. Stupid ass woman. The list goes on but I won't.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Not being raped over and over again. My mother giving me up for adoption like she should have.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Same here. My Mom passed when I was 13.

Quoting nyxiemist:

My mother not dieing of cancer would have made it much better.

Summer1214
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:17 AM

It could have been much better but could have been alot worse. One thing I would have changed would be that i would have begged my dad to take me with him when he left when I was seven then I wouldnt have had to go through a lot of the stuff that I endured for years.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

There are a number of things, but at the same time, they've made me who I am today and, quite frankly, I really like me, and I wouldn't change who I am today for anything.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

Summer1214
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with that as much as i would have liked living with my dad instead of my mom. I would still keep my childhood the same because it made me a strong independant person that can handle anything that is thrown at me.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

There are a number of things, but at the same time, they've made me who I am today and, quite frankly, I really like me, and I wouldn't change who I am today for anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Not having been beaten. Not having to watch my dad beat my mom. Not having my sister's husband ask to see my boobs when I was in 6th grade (I was a B cup). That would have been good.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:25 AM
My parents getting a divorce when I was liike 6 would have been awesome. My mom is a pos and still is to this day. She uses money as her means to control everyone and thinks only of herself. Some how e surging in her life that goes wrong is because of my sisters and me. She just blamed me for her not paying her car payment last month because she just hand to fly down to tx because I had an emergency csection. She was told multiple times not to come down here and she was welcome to come after I recovered from everything. Did she listen? Of course not. She the. Bitched the entire time about how much money she spent because of me and how she wasn't coming down here again this year. She we now too g out of the country for her next vacation. Umm instead of spending money you should pay your bills and pay off the 40k in credit card debt you have. I stumbled upon that the last time I was home looking for a note book of hers. Some how her debt is everyone else's fault by hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:26 AM

I dont generally go around complaining or even really talking about how shitty my childhood was. The past is the past. If I absolutely had to choose things to change, I would change; My mom should have been a mom. I should have known my dad from day 1. I shouldn't have had to hold in my step-grandpa raping me from my pos family for 7 years. If I didn't have to be a parent to my brother and sister then have them grow up resenting me because I didn't want them hating my mom. I was constantly telling them that it wasn't her fault. If we had a stable home, and family. If we didn't move twice a year, every year until I was a freshman and the state finally noticed what was happening and took us from my mom. If I didn't have to live with the pain and regret because of my mothers/grandma/great-grandmas choices. But, it's ok. I'm growing every day into a better person than they are. I wouldn't be where I am today and who I am today without all the crap that happened to me.

myusernamedied
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I didn't have a rotten childhood, I lived in the real world.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured