Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you get a tattoo....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
of a quote? i read the other day...'stop putting words on people, they are not bumperstickers!' and i have to say i think i agree. what do you think?

eta: i have considered getting 'all you need is love' somewhere on myself...thinkin not now though...

ok, i feel like some people think the first quote is something i want on myself. no. it is a quote that i read about the tattoos. on fb. just something some random dude said...lol...hope that cleared that up..:)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I have my deceased mother's favorite song title. Its small and has meaning
ToYnyc
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM

i like tattoos, i dont have one because i cant think of anything that means so much to me that i want to have it inked into my skin for the rest of my life. but its definitely on my bucket list of things i wanna do before i die. lol

crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

That's the quote you posted originally, so it seems like that is what you would get done, so that's why I said that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why would you? in no way does my post suggest that....?

Quoting crazygirl907:

I like quotes, but I couldn't see myself getting the word bumper stickers tattooed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
that's sweet....:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I have my deceased mother's favorite song title. Its small and has meaning
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I dont have a view either way...its their choice. Personally I would not do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I don't see a problem with them if they're something meaningful. My dd17 has 7 Bible verses on her back. They're the ones that mean so much to her that she lives by day by day.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

My all time favorite quote is Nietzsche's "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." Not really sure I would want that tattooed on me.

I also love Rev 6:8 and Ecc 3:1-8 and several other awesome quotes. 

Good question ... now I have something to think about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM
well, no. that quote is refering to quote tatts. not a tatt idea...smh.

Quoting crazygirl907:

That's the quote you posted originally, so it seems like that is what you would get done, so that's why I said that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crazygirl907:

I like quotes, but I couldn't see myself getting the word bumper stickers tattooed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I would but with a disign. Thought about a crescent moon, and on the inside (going around) it would say, i love you to the moon and back. For my children. Also one that says 33RO (very special meaning and very personal) and also ROLY on my finger, i just always wanted one on my finger. I have one one my shoulder that had my kids initials and birth year like VO '09 I won't get any more though because dh does not like tattoos and is very unhappy about the one I have.
crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Why "smh"? You put it in your post, it can be construed that that would be what you were interested in getting. So sorry I got it mixed up, damn. 

Quoting Anonymous:

well, no. that quote is refering to quote tatts. not a tatt idea...smh.

Quoting crazygirl907:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crazygirl907:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured