Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weight watchers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone ever done weight watchers? What were your pros and cons?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Susa20
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Morning!

I have done WW twice.. The first time was in 2010 and I had lost a great deal of weight.. But then I got cocky and didnt pay any attention to what I was doing so I gained most of it back... Lol. However, as of 9/1/12 I went back and I have lost 21 lbs so far. I'm finding this really easy and manageable and I am loving it! I would like to lose another 10-20 hopefully by September if not sooner. The recipes are easy to follow and even my children eat them. There's even wonderful recipes for baked goods! One piece of advice though... I personally don't like buying the prepackaged WW snack cakes..I feel they are just not very fresh and not worth the points . If you have any more questions please feel free to message me ! Good luck!
Sue
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeepygirl
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I loved it. Lost 25 lbs before I got pregnant and planning on going back on it as soon as this baby is out. Loved that I could eat basically whatever I wanted, just had to count the points. Obviously, if I made bad choices, I ended up pretty hungry by the end of the day, but I could still work in the occasional treat. Personally, I think it really taught me how to make good choices in my eating habits. Didn't really have any cons for me.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom did and LOVED it...she lost about 70 lbs, and has maintained her weight for years now...

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM

i did WW after baby #4 was born.  i think i lost 7 lbs the 1st week and 1 lb the 2nd week.  after that, i stopped doing it because i'm a serious food addict.  a couple of girls i worked with at the time were going every week and they all got TINY!  that was the old system, though.  i just started the new system this week.  as of this morning, i have lost 1 lb.  not too bad for 2 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I started Jan. 8th and have lost 6 pounds so far.  I love it.

aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I was doing it but dh is an asshole and would get pissed every time i went to a meeting. I ended up stopping to avoid the fighting.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I started it the beginning of the year and Im down 10lbs. I don't pay to use the site I got all the points plus info off google and i bought the official cookbook for my kindle. Its pretty awesome so far.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

anitarichman
by Anita on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I am a lifetime member.  WW teaches you HOW to eat to be healthy and thin, not how to eat to lose weight and gain it all back.  I am back at it now and lost 5 lbs in one week.  It's easy and once you learn the technique it becomes like second nature.  The hardest part of any weightloss is maintenance, WW teaches you how to maintain  your weight.  (I gained my weight back because I quit smoking, moved and didn't care what I ate).  There are no cons.

1stpreggers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I did it I lost 14#.

pros

• you can eat what you want
  • you can eat out
  • no restrictive diet
  • lots of tracking tools website, they even have an app now
  • delicious recipes!

I can't think of any cons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I had success when I first tried it, I thought it was easy because it was something new.  But counting points became very depressing for me.  I always felt deprived, and I'd feel guilty if I didn't stick to the points.  Then if I went to a meeting and I had gained weight I'd feel horrible.  So I would miss meetings if I had a bad week or two, but then I'd feel guilty because I was spending 40 bucks a month for nothing.  To me it just was not worth the stress of counting points, getting weighed in and going to meetings.  I cook a lot of homemade meals and I'd have to divide everything out and try to use the stupid meal system online to figure out how many points a serving of my dish was, and then I"d try to stick to that at dinnertime while the rest of the family just ate a normal meal.  It drove me nuts.  Now I'm having a much easier time losing weight by just watching my portions.  I feel more in control than I did on WW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)