Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unemployment went up??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I just checked our bank account to make sure dh's unemployment went in and his payment was almost $100 more. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm not sure if it's because it's a new calendar year or what. We normally have tax withheld from it, so I'm worried they didn't take the taxes put or something.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Yay! You can call and ask to make sure. Sorry for the people that might bash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, I don't care haha. He has a job, he's a commercial plumber. It's a little hard to put up new buildings in snow and near zero temps so he gets winters off lol. I HATE calling them, it's always a minimum of a 60 minute wait to talk to a human, it's awful!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I'm sorry that it's so ridiculous. But it's awesome that you get to spend so much time with him!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, I don't care haha. He has a job, he's a commercial plumber. It's a little hard to put up new buildings in snow and near zero temps so he gets winters off lol. I HATE calling them, it's always a minimum of a 60 minute wait to talk to a human, it's awful!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Wait what?! Your DH gets unemployment simply because he chose a profession that happens to be more profitable during the warmer seasons than it is the winter? So IM paying for your DH to enjoy his winters off for a job he CHOSE?!

What the flying fuck is wrong with his picture..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

kidlover2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Really!? There are THOUSANDS of professions that do this. My ex-husband is a chef. He does this all the time. He doesn't really have a choice. His employer lays him off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait what?! Your DH gets unemployment simply because he chose a profession that happens to be more profitable during the warmer seasons than it is the winter? So IM paying for your DH to enjoy his winters off for a job he CHOSE?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Trust me, we'd rather have a full paycheck. Yea, I guess you are paying for him and every other person in a union construction trade that builds the buildings that you enjoy in the northern states. He didn't CHOOSE this job, he went through a helmets to hard hats program and it was the only place that would take a disabled vet. Yea, he sacrificed a lot to protect your freedoms. You're ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Bump

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

you are not paying for anything. unemployment insurance is paid by the EMPLOYER.

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal; it is the Courage to Continue that Counts." -- Winston Churchill

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM
If you don't want to call, save the extra. It could just be a fluke in the system. It happened to me and if I hadn't saved that extra, I would have been screwed for a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livyla
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

How are you paying for his unemployment?  Unemployment benfits are paid by the employer...  not you.   In the US, the employer pays a payroll tax to the state, which in turn pays unemployment benefits to workers who qualify

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)