Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg! wtf! omg! UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 115 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm freaking terrified! I thought our cat had been scratching on our bedroom door to get in our room, so I go over to tell the cat to shut up and let me sleep. When I get over there the cat was in fact sitting at the door but wasn't looking at me and didn't even acknowledge that I had opened the door, he was just starting straight up. I'm looking at the cat and I hear scratching again. I look up and realize, omg! Something is living in my attic!!! Its been about a week that I thought that cat was scratching at my bedroom door every morning and its been something big in my attic!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been up in that attic for probably 5+yrs! Nothing is up there and the last time I was up there we had a roof leak. We've since gotten our roof replaced. Wtf is living in my attic!!!! I am not sleeping in my room again until its gone!!!! My grandpa is coming over to find out what it is and what to do since dh is at work over an hour away! Omg!

Well we didn't see anything all day. There is a big nest where something is sleeping but no critter. There are mouse droppings and a bunch of bird feathers but no bird carcasses. We put Decon and a large rodent trap up there. I'll update with more info when I have it and I'll post pictures when I can figure out how.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcwife86
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

send your cat up there. its prob a squirrel.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

its probably just a squirrel .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Lol your making your grandfather come over to look for you? Nice
trulymidear
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Ewwe, good luck!!
BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
7 moms liked this
Just think of the scariest horror movie you have ever seen and you'll know exactly what's in your attic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

lol....I'd probably do the same!

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Probably a squirrel or raccoon. Put the cat up there it will have a blast. As long as there are no holes in your ceiling your fine, just hope it doesn't die up there! The smell will be awfully this summer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Your poor grandpa. Why don't you get your baby daddy, dh, or S/O come check it out. 

tossed
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Mice/rats sound huge when scratching. Raccoons or possum. 

quietbookworm
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Squirrel, raccoon, or mice. Possibly bats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN