Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Babies and Weddings

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 106 Replies

Why do some people think it is ok to bring children or babies to a wedding if the couple says no kids? And why would you not go just because there are no kids (excluding no babysitter) invited?

Weddings in different regions are so completely different therefore, I am wondering if this plays a part in the decision to have or not have kids at weddings, and to go or not go if they are not invited.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If going to the wedding meant going out of town I wouldn't go if I couldn't take my kids but if its in the same town I would go and find a sitter.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

agreed, my cousin got married in Disney when my kids were 7 and 9. It was fun, the kids came to the ceremony and then down the hall there was a big open room with lots of stuff to do for all the kids. They had way more fum there with all their cousins and characters then they would have had at the wedding.

Quoting theosgirl45:

If going to the wedding meant going out of town I wouldn't go if I couldn't take my kids but if its in the same town I would go and find a sitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this
If it says no kids we do not go! If you invite us knowing we have kids (which I'm sure they would if inviting us) and say no kids I find it very rude if you don't want children there then invite people who do not have any. My kids are part of our family and will not be left out of something that the rest of the family is asked to part of.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Are most of the weddings in your family with children or without? I am just wondering not bashing. Also where do you live?

Quoting Anonymous:

If it says no kids we do not go! If you invite us knowing we have kids (which I'm sure they would if inviting us) and say no kids I find it very rude if you don't want children there then invite people who do not have any. My kids are part of our family and will not be left out of something that the rest of the family is asked to part of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
With children and truthfully I've never been to a wedding period without kids even before I had any of my own. I'm from Louisiana btw.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Are most of the weddings in your family with children or without? I am just wondering not bashing. Also where do you live?

Quoting Anonymous:

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Most of our family weddings are without kids and we live NJ. I think I have only been to 1 wedding where kids were invited.

Quoting Anonymous:

With children and truthfully I've never been to a wedding period without kids even before I had any of my own. I'm from Louisiana btw.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Why are they not "invited" they are part of the family that is growing so to speak. I could see having an adult only reception. I had friend do that because they 1)didn't have kids an 2) had an open bar with more of a "club" feel.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Most of our family weddings are without kids and we live NJ. I think I have only been to 1 wedding where kids were invited.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this

That's a pretty self-centered attitude to take... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Josie_P
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this

No child policy events are the best lol. Seriously. You can have fun with the adults without worrying if Johnny is running around acting like a lunatic. You don't have to calm down Sally while Jane is throwing food. You can worry about yourself, even if just for a night, before going home back to your kids. 

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Oh No that's what I meant the receptions were kidless, not the ceremony. The ceremony was open to all since they are usually in churches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are they not "invited" they are part of the family that is growing so to speak. I could see having an adult only reception. I had friend do that because they 1)didn't have kids an 2) had an open bar with more of a "club" feel.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)