Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Positive Mom's please move forward.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am seeing so much of hostility by young mothers towards their mothers and mothers in-laws. This saddens me seeing this cognitive behavior. Why don't we label and understand our own emotional reactions is one big step we can take to improve a healthy loving relationship.What I keep seeing are all the negative reactions from younger moms. I know there are more positive young happy moms than the bickering sleep deprived young moms. 

We have thousands of therapist graduation each year and opening shop, each writing their theory  and books on " Estrangement and coping" relationship between adult children and their parents. Makes me wonder what's wrong in America? America has the largest group of therapist in the WORLD and the highest amount of emotional impaired and personality disorder people why? A meaningful relationship is healthier for ALL of us as MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, and GRANDCHILDREN. 

Let us hear from all the young mom who have positive Relationship with their mother's and mother-in-laws. 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Lady. I don't know what your talking about. I just find her annoying. The things she says the way she talks her opinions...I find her annoying. It's normal for people to find some people annoying. I can be annoyed by a person and theres nothing wring with that. I don't know what your talking about with truth being hard to hear and fears and hearing her and then deciding, protecting children and family...no clue what your talking about. I get the feeling your projecting. My relationship with my mother in law is quite fine, I just find her annoying. As does my husband.

Quoting Molly2u:

What issues do YOU have that is so annoyis the loving crap out of you ? 

Its always hard to hear the truth or our parents fears. Lets say it's nothing more than your mothers fears. Why not give yourself a chance to hear your mother and then deside. Fear is mothers warning natural signal to protect her children and family. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

My mil is a saint, God love her.  

I can't stand her, she just annoys the ever loving crap out of me.  

But I can't deny her being a fantastic person.  I love her, I just dont like being around her more than ten minutes at a time.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Molly2u
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Are you a positive mom? You sound so annoyed. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

Lady. I don't know what your talking about. I just find her annoying. The things she says the way she talks her opinions...I find her annoying. It's normal for people to find some people annoying. I can be annoyed by a person and theres nothing wring with that. I don't know what your talking about with truth being hard to hear and fears and hearing her and then deciding, protecting children and family...no clue what your talking about. I get the feeling your projecting. My relationship with my mother in law is quite fine, I just find her annoying. As does my husband.

Quoting Molly2u:

What issues do YOU have that is so annoyis the loving crap out of you ? 

Its always hard to hear the truth or our parents fears. Lets say it's nothing more than your mothers fears. Why not give yourself a chance to hear your mother and then deside. Fear is mothers warning natural signal to protect her children and family. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

My mil is a saint, God love her.  

I can't stand her, she just annoys the ever loving crap out of me.  

But I can't deny her being a fantastic person.  I love her, I just dont like being around her more than ten minutes at a time.  

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I love my mother dearly, but my MIL is nuttier than a fruitcake.

CafeMom Tickers
tabitha26
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I get along with my mom I don' t know what I would do with out her . I also get along with my s/o mom were not married but I have been with this man since I was 15 . His mom does a lot for me she's like a second mom . Both of my moms are wonderful and I don't know what I would do if didn't have them . Love them both so much :)
Oostera
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Why do young mothers HAVE to get along with their mothers or MILs? Healthy relationships ARE good and sometimes you keep having a relationship with someone LONG after they should have been left behind just because they are "family".

I am a very positive person, in general. I love life and my husband and my children, I'm even planning more children to add to the chaos. What I didn't appreciate was the constant stress and underhanded put downs I recieved from my mother. To keep my FAMILY healthy, I cut my mother out of our lives. I am much better at handling my personal stress now that I am not dealing with the unneeded stress.

My mother in law, on the other hand, is a fantastic woman. She is kind and helpful, hell she paid for the medicine I needed when I had a kidney infection in college. I wasn't even married to her son yet, just dating! She has a beautiful spirit and I could learn a lot from her.

Maybe it isn't about "young moms" have the issues. Maybe it is ACTUALLY that their mothers or in laws are not the best people.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom lives a few houses down from me and we have a great relationship. I also get along with my MIL. She loves me and we have very similar tastes. 

keversole
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I love both my mother and mil. without them we moght not have survived these past 2 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Ok lmao
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I always fought for my mothers love and finally had to live my life and quit trying to get her affection.
I am an awesome mother!!......for the most part ;)
and want my daughters to know I will not leave them.
drug companies...prescription drugs are the worst drug dealers and pushers EVER!! if you make someone believe they are sick for having normal feelings, human being feelings.
Zolof wasnt around to be passed out 150 yrs ago and they made it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XandersMomma07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My mom and I have a great relationship, my SO's mother is another story. She has never liked me because I'm not my SO's ex. She had that girl in her pocket even when the girl aborted her grandchild was cheating on her son. She has been trying to split us up since we got together 6 years ago. His sister is the same way. I have never done anything to either of them. When they found out I was pregnant they called me a slut and said the baby wasn'tmy SO's because I worked in a chicken processing plant with all guys except for my supervisor and 1 other worker on the line I worked and because I got along with the people I worked with that meant I was sleeping with all of them. I'm am such a whore when I have only been with 1 other guy besides SO and we were engaged until I found out he was cheating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)