Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Positive Mom's please move forward.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am seeing so much of hostility by young mothers towards their mothers and mothers in-laws. This saddens me seeing this cognitive behavior. Why don't we label and understand our own emotional reactions is one big step we can take to improve a healthy loving relationship.What I keep seeing are all the negative reactions from younger moms. I know there are more positive young happy moms than the bickering sleep deprived young moms. 

We have thousands of therapist graduation each year and opening shop, each writing their theory  and books on " Estrangement and coping" relationship between adult children and their parents. Makes me wonder what's wrong in America? America has the largest group of therapist in the WORLD and the highest amount of emotional impaired and personality disorder people why? A meaningful relationship is healthier for ALL of us as MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, and GRANDCHILDREN. 

Let us hear from all the young mom who have positive Relationship with their mother's and mother-in-laws. 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I attempted to have a good relationship with my MIL. But she did not reciprocate and still seems to think she knows everything about everything, and that she can do whatever she wants with my child. I keep it civil, for my son's sake- but I will never have a good relationship with her and she will have short supervised visits with my son. And that is all there is to it.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Yes I'm positive. Idk how I can sound so annoyed.

Quoting Molly2u:

Are you a positive mom? You sound so annoyed. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

Lady. I don't know what your talking about. I just find her annoying. The things she says the way she talks her opinions...I find her annoying. It's normal for people to find some people annoying. I can be annoyed by a person and theres nothing wring with that. I don't know what your talking about with truth being hard to hear and fears and hearing her and then deciding, protecting children and family...no clue what your talking about. I get the feeling your projecting. My relationship with my mother in law is quite fine, I just find her annoying. As does my husband.

Quoting Molly2u:

What issues do YOU have that is so annoyis the loving crap out of you ? 

Its always hard to hear the truth or our parents fears. Lets say it's nothing more than your mothers fears. Why not give yourself a chance to hear your mother and then deside. Fear is mothers warning natural signal to protect her children and family. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

My mil is a saint, God love her.  

I can't stand her, she just annoys the ever loving crap out of me.  

But I can't deny her being a fantastic person.  I love her, I just dont like being around her more than ten minutes at a time.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I have a wonderful relationship with my mother and MIL.  My mother is 3 hours away, and my MIL is in California (the other side of the country from us).  It's glorious.  I talk to my Nanna every day for a few hours.  She and my grandfather practically raised me, and she's the only person I talk to on a daily basis besides my DH and kids.  The family calls me to find out why she isn't answering the phone, and she always calls me before anyone else. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I have no issues with my mother except that she is a manipulative crazy bitch imo.

I love my grandmas, despite the language barriers between us

I really like my mil, except that she is very emotional and it is hard for my very logical personality to deal with at times.

oh- and I am 25

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
my mom and i get along great ever since i moved out five years ago. As far as my mil and i we also get along great. She said to me she has never seen her son so happy with someone as he is with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Molly2u
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Please remember you both love the same guy. Lucky man : ) 

Quoting Sept-babies2:

my mom and i get along great ever since i moved out five years ago. As far as my mil and i we also get along great. She said to me she has never seen her son so happy with someone as he is with me.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I miss my mom everyday. Shes been gone 5 years.
My mother-in-law sucks at life. She was a bad mom and is a bad grandmother.
BUT...I keep trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I'm adopted and have good relationship with birth mom and adopted mom. My ex husband had a woman he CALLED his mom that was LIKE his mom... I did NOT get along with her. (But we were supposed to pay $400 to share an apartment with her and she scammed us out of $900 a month. The TOTAL rent was only $950 plus utilities, and we bought our own food, shampoo, etc....)

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I love my mom and adore my Mil!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I am a positive person. And have a great relationship with my mom. And I try to have one with mother in law but she has brain damage from a crash and snaps out sometimes but I try really hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)