Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom made me take baths with her until I was 7.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Let me start off by saying that my mom is NOT mentally stable. She is bi-polar manic depressive and just a complete moron. What I remember of her from my childhood is that she spent every day laying on the couch, yelling at me to be quiet because she had a headache. She would disappear and go to the store for an hour or two at a time because she could smoke there and she didn't want me or my dad to see her smoking. Every family activity we did, she complained the entire time and made everything about her.
I could go on forever...
But the point of this post is that - I see you ladies making posts about your kids seeing you naked and then someone comments and says what age they feel that kids should be for it to no longer be appropriate for them to see you naked. Well, I saw my mom naked until I was about 7. She made me take baths with her. At some point I just refused to do it and that's the only reason why it stopped. I remember her running bath water and me telling her I wasn't getting in with her. I didn't actually realize how bizarre this was until I was an adult. Yes, I remember her naked body - right down to her huge bush and tampon string hanging out.
I will NEVER bathe with either of my children and stay covered up as much as possible because of the images in my head that I can never erase. So...I urge you ladies to cover yourselves in front of your children...they most likely don't want to see your bare bottom and have to live with the image in their head for the rest of their lives.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
You can only speak for yourself. I saw my mom naked til the day she died. Never made a spectacle out of it. My kids like to run around naked and i won't stop them. There is nothing wrong with the naked body.
shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I have seen my mom naked a lot even as an adult. When I go to visit, I will talk to her while she is getting dressed or whatever. It doesn't bug me. There is nothing to be ashamed about. It is just a body. I shower with my girls and will most likely continue to do so until they don't want to anymore. I see nothing wrong with it. I have no privacy even if I tried. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

it depends on if you were abused and neglected then of course seeing them naked is disturbing

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Quoting shortcakes13:

I have seen my mom naked a lot even as an adult. When I go to visit, I will talk to her while she is getting dressed or whatever. It doesn't bug me. There is nothing to be ashamed about. It is just a body. I shower with my girls and will most likely continue to do so until they don't want to anymore. I see nothing wrong with it. I have no privacy even if I tried. Lol

This. I bathed with my mom until I was about 6 or 7 to save time and water. We were poor. Even as adults I've seen her changing clothes and we've shared a bed on occasion. Hell, I remember when my grandma broke her arm I had to help her bathe. I was about 12.  Now THAT'S an ugly body!  No ones boobs should hang below their waist!  Lol. Poor lady. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I think its only bothersome to some kids? While I have never ever taken a bath or shower with my kid and would never feel comfortable doing so he has no problem busting in a door while I'm taking a shower or getting dressed. For the last 3 years I've tried to make it clear that mommy needs her space in the bedroom or bathroom. He won't hear it. What he see's is what he see's. If he later feels harmed or tramatized like you it will be his own fault for not learning to stay out when I've repeatedly asked him to do so! 

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Hehehe... I worked in a nursing home so have seen a lot of old people naked. I am not excited to get old. I complain about my body now but it just gonna get worse.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Quoting shortcakes13:

This. I bathed with my mom until I was about 6 or 7 to save time and water. We were poor. Even as adults I've seen her changing clothes and we've shared a bed on occasion. Hell, I remember when my grandma broke her arm I had to help her bathe. I was about 12.  Now THAT'S an ugly body!  No ones boobs should hang below their waist!  Lol. Poor lady. 

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
My 5yo begs to bathe with me.
Minus the baths, your mom sounds just like mine. It sucked.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Dude. I wish I could take a bath without kids barging in on me. They don't seem to care and my oldest is 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Same here.

I tend not to think about what my moms bush or boobs look like, but maybe I'm the weird one.....

Quoting shortcakes13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)