Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you only have one child. ETA

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 109 Replies
Is there a reason why?

I'm just curious. I only have one right now because I have a lot of trouble carrying to term, but due to personal beliefs I refuse any kind of medical help regarding this.

I'm pregnant right now with what I hope is child number 2 for our family, but you never know.

****I just wanted to add.

If for any reason you don't not want to share know you do not have to, I was simply curious and in no way was this to judge for your reasoning. :)

For the women who have had losses or are unable to conceive again, I am truly sorry and my heart goes out to you.

Also, thank you to those sending well wishes that this baby sticks for my family. :) It means a lot to me and I'm always hoping for the best.

Thank you ladies for sharing.
It is interesting to see all the similar, yet completely different reasons for having only children. :) Again, thank you for taking a moment and sharing with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Can I ask...why do you have trouble carrying to term?
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

We live a very comfortable life with just one child. It would be harder to save and go on vaca if we had another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I hated being pregnant, it was terrible. So one and done.
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
My son, 9 months, has lots of health issues. Adding another baby into the picture would put alot more stress on us. So we are just stopping at one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Yes there is a reason why.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I refuse to have kids so close together, it's not fair for a toddler to share mommy. Maybe when he's 5.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I have 4 so i cant answer this but wanted to say congrats and good luck with #2 :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I only have one because he is too and we aren't ready for another child right now. Hopefully we will be able to within the next 2 years

marissa615
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM

i have one dd 5, her dad and I are divorced and I am remarried now. We will start trying for a baby of our own soon.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
He's only 9 months and were not stable financially. Can't wait until we are:) I want another one. I loved being pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)