Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 weeks old and he's already....

Posted by   + Show Post

Holding himself up and sleeping through the night! I'm so excited to be able to get a full nights sleep again and I'm so proud of my strong little man!

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

No. I'm not breastfeeding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..
Are you breastfeeding?
Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
How big was he at birth? My youngest was almost 10 pounds and at about 5 weeks was sleeping 6 hours at night. Sooooo nice.
luvsmykids2526
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

My DD was the same way. Holding her head up and sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. At 2 months she started rolling over and we had to start strapping her in a bouncy seat at night to keep her on her back shile sleeping. She had to sleep in that till almost 8 months.

cyork2
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
oh sleep... my almost 10 month old still doesn't sttn. You're a lucky momma!
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

He's been trying to hold his head up since he was born. He held it up on his own off my shoulder for about 3 seconds while we were still at the hospital. The nurse had eyes the size of golfballs and said "Holy crap, he's going to be a sports star somewhere along the line" Lol

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
atyou
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Torticollis. Common in preemies. Also called high muscle tone.

Quoting Cbreland07:

All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Yay for sleep!

JjcH0911
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
BOTH my children slept through the night, at a very early age. My first was 7 days old when he slept through the whole night, my second was 21-22 days old. BOTH of mh children are healthy! My oldest just turned 3 and my youngest just turned 1

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM

He was 7.8 at a month old he was 8.2 which, is way better than what his sister was. She wasn't even a preemie and she had the biggest issues EVER with her weight.

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

How big was he at birth? My youngest was almost 10 pounds and at about 5 weeks was sleeping 6 hours at night. Sooooo nice.

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Devious103102
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM

WOOT! =0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured