Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 weeks old and he's already....

Posted by   + Show Post

Holding himself up and sleeping through the night! I'm so excited to be able to get a full nights sleep again and I'm so proud of my strong little man!

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Hmm.. All 3 of my kids have slept through the night since birth..I've successfully breastfed them all and never had a problem with my milk supply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Both of my kids slept through the night at 4 weeks and I bf my first one, never had a problem with supply

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
No it just makes sense

But here is a link, but I can't make it clicky, so I copied part of it for you..

http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbmayjun99p68.html

In addition, studies of near-miss infants and siblings of SIDS infants show that these babies have fewer night-waking episodes. In the first few months, infants normally have frequent periods of night-waking as they ascend from quiet sleep to active sleep and back into quiet sleep. Researchers have suggested that arousal from sleep may be essential for resumption of breathing in babies who have less effective self-starting mechanisms (Harper 1981). Difficulty with waking up may place infants at higher risk for SIDS. Infants presumed to be at high risk for SIDS also show more frequent episodes of sleep apnea and periodic breathing (Guillemmault 1981). This apnea occurs most frequently between 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM and within ten minutes of awakening. The infants who woke most often at night had fewer episodes of apnea. Active sleep guards against SIDS. Sleep studies have shown that the onset of active sleep (REM sleep) stimulates breathing and heart rate. On the basis of their studies, researchers hypothesized that active sleep “protects” human infants from SIDS. The peak risk period for SIDS coincides with the rapid decrease in active sleep between two and three months of age. By six months of age, cardiopulmonary compensatory mechanisms in quiet sleep are more mature and the risk of death (from failure of these mechanisms) is reduced (Baker and McGinty 1977).

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Did you hear this from a doctor?? I have never heard such non-sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was sleeping through the night at birth and had a job at 5 weeks. Booyah!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Oh well, I just was told by my lc that I needed to nurse at least 1 time between the hours of 1am and 4 am because that's when your body is making the most milk.

Quoting supermama322:

Hmm.. All 3 of my kids have slept through the night since birth..I've successfully breastfed them all and never had a problem with my milk supply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Oh... Well.. Good you you..

Quoting Oceana09:

No. I'm not breastfeeding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

The job of making everyone smile? That's a tough job, lol. I'm sure he managed though!

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Hey, I didn't say they wouldn't be fine.. I just know there's an increased risk of SIDS

Quoting JjcH0911:

BOTH my children slept through the night, at a very early age. My first was 7 days old when he slept through the whole night, my second was 21-22 days old. BOTH of mh children are healthy! My oldest just turned 3 and my youngest just turned 1

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Lol!! Exactly!!! :)

Quoting Oceana09:

The job of making everyone smile? That's a tough job, lol. I'm sure he managed though!

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to. With both of my children. Both of them had serious problems latching on though. I watched my DD almost starve to death in her first week of life so (and perhaps I jumped the gun a little bit) when he started having problems latching on, like she did I panicked and said "Oh God...not again" and started formula feeding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh... Well.. Good you you..

Quoting Oceana09:

No. I'm not breastfeeding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)