Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 weeks old and he's already....

Posted by   + Show Post

Holding himself up and sleeping through the night! I'm so excited to be able to get a full nights sleep again and I'm so proud of my strong little man!

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

it's amazing how babies can just melt peoples hearts...even the coldest of people.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Lol!! Exactly!!! :)

Quoting Oceana09:

The job of making everyone smile? That's a tough job, lol. I'm sure he managed though!

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Mine was sleeping through the night at birth and had a job at 5 weeks. Booyah!!

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Lol and where did you learn this gem of information?

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
My ds2 always held his head up ds 1 at about a month old but he was a month early
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

He's sleeping from 9 at night until 5 in the morning. He slept through the night on Monday and I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but he did the same again last night, so I'm thinking it's no longer a fluke.

Quoting ripemango:

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I just wrote a paper on SIDS and breastfeeding. Babies that are breastfed tend to wake up more often than formula fed babies, which studies have shown could be the reason breastfed babies are at a lower rick for SIDS. Therefore, I could see how babies that sleep all night are at a higher risk for SIDS.

However, I don't think it would hurt your supply any.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..
Are you breastfeeding?
Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Probalby the same place another anon learned that ALL women apparently produce more breast milk between 1 and 4 in the morning...that's one I've never heard of before.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol and where did you learn this gem of information?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Sarah-mom01
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM

My sister was sleeping throught the night at 3 weeks old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Really? Mine was sleeping through the night when he came home from the hospital. He's 5 now and still loves to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I was adopted at 3 months and was less than 8 pounds. My mom says it FOREVER to get me to sleep through the night. My DD took forever to sleep through the night as well, so I've been preparing for like 7 months of not sleeping through the night. Needless to say, I've been happy the past two days lol.

Quoting Sarah-mom01:

My sister was sleeping throught the night at 3 weeks old.

Brent Jacob

Jazmyn Rose
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)