Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 weeks old and he's already....

Posted by   + Show Post

Holding himself up and sleeping through the night! I'm so excited to be able to get a full nights sleep again and I'm so proud of my strong little man!

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM
How?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey, I didn't say they wouldn't be fine.. I just know there's an increased risk of SIDS

Quoting JjcH0911:

BOTH my children slept through the night, at a very early age. My first was 7 days old when he slept through the whole night, my second was 21-22 days old. BOTH of mh children are healthy! My oldest just turned 3 and my youngest just turned 1

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

such prolonged sleep at that age is nothing short of a miraculous feeling. you are very fortunate oceana!

Quoting Oceana09:

He's sleeping from 9 at night until 5 in the morning. He slept through the night on Monday and I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but he did the same again last night, so I'm thinking it's no longer a fluke.

Quoting ripemango:

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Mine too! I don't see how that could be a problem.

Quoting Cbreland07:

All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yes it is. I'm very thankful. His sister had issues breastfeeding and was very underweight at his age, so it took forever to get her to sleep through the night, so I have felt very blessed.

Quoting ripemango:

such prolonged sleep at that age is nothing short of a miraculous feeling. you are very fortunate oceana!

Quoting Oceana09:

He's sleeping from 9 at night until 5 in the morning. He slept through the night on Monday and I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but he did the same again last night, so I'm thinking it's no longer a fluke.

Quoting ripemango:

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

aaaaw, getting a break w this 1! i love the name Brent, btw.

my daughter was a preemie and there is just such constant worry when this tiny lil thing is much smaller than it should be. glad to hear this time around is going easily for you :)

Quoting Oceana09:

Yes it is. I'm very thankful. His sister had issues breastfeeding and was very underweight at his age, so it took forever to get her to sleep through the night, so I have felt very blessed.

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting Oceana09:

Quoting ripemango:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

BOTH my daughters did at that age, I still got up to pump cause my milk production was CRAZY!!!!!  Lol Our doctor told us as long as we had their crib as safe as possible to let her sleep, she'd wake up if she were hungry. She said, if she is sleeping, its because she needs to. I checked on her when I got up to pump and again on my way back to bed. All good here. They are now 3 and 15 months and STILL sleeping through!

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..
Are you breastfeeding?
Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

He's not even reading yet? He must be somewhat delayed.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

same here! They had excellent eye focus from birth (like far away things as well as close up) and very strong necks. Still very healthy and strong. I dont get what the problem could be.

Quoting mommyrustina:

Quoting Cbreland07:

All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

atyou
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
It's called torticollis. Also known as high muscle tone. It can require therapy. Not always the case....but something to watch for.

Quoting mommyrustina:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting atyou:

Yay for sleep!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

So, what do you suggest, you just wake them up?

And about SIDS... its sudden. You can't just heighten your risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. They can't identify (for sure) the cause of SIDS and therefore can't determine (for sure) what heightes the risk. 

And about your milk supply, freaking bottle it, if your so conscerned. Don't wake your kid up just b/c you feel like your going to explode.

The kid will wake up when it wants the milk, and when it's not tired anymore. Stop looking for trouble, take sleep when you get it. 

I can only imagine how crazy you must have been going when your kids were yoounf if you woke them up all the time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you breastfeeding?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN