Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 weeks old and he's already....

Posted by   + Show Post

Holding himself up and sleeping through the night! I'm so excited to be able to get a full nights sleep again and I'm so proud of my strong little man!

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (71-79):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
willing to put money on the fact that the sleeping through the night thing PROBABLY won't last lol.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

that is very touching, Oceana. Naming him such is a great way to honor some1 you loved.

Quoting Oceana09:

I had a cousin growing up that was like a brother to me. His name was Brent Joseph. He passed away from drunken stupidity in 2009 and I swore that my first born son would be named after him, so as soon as I found out I was pregnant I was praying for my little Brent Jacob.

Quoting ripemango:

aaaaw, getting a break w this 1! i love the name Brent, btw.

my daughter was a preemie and there is just such constant worry when this tiny lil thing is much smaller than it should be. glad to hear this time around is going easily for you :)

Quoting Oceana09:

Yes it is. I'm very thankful. His sister had issues breastfeeding and was very underweight at his age, so it took forever to get her to sleep through the night, so I have felt very blessed.

Quoting ripemango:

such prolonged sleep at that age is nothing short of a miraculous feeling. you are very fortunate oceana!

Quoting Oceana09:

He's sleeping from 9 at night until 5 in the morning. He slept through the night on Monday and I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but he did the same again last night, so I'm thinking it's no longer a fluke.

Quoting ripemango:

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

His death really hit me hard. It was so stupid and preventable that it still to this day pisses me off. I still haven't completely gotten over it.

Quoting ripemango:

that is very touching, Oceana. Naming him such is a great way to honor some1 you loved.

Quoting Oceana09:

I had a cousin growing up that was like a brother to me. His name was Brent Joseph. He passed away from drunken stupidity in 2009 and I swore that my first born son would be named after him, so as soon as I found out I was pregnant I was praying for my little Brent Jacob.

Quoting ripemango:

aaaaw, getting a break w this 1! i love the name Brent, btw.

my daughter was a preemie and there is just such constant worry when this tiny lil thing is much smaller than it should be. glad to hear this time around is going easily for you :)

Quoting Oceana09:

Yes it is. I'm very thankful. His sister had issues breastfeeding and was very underweight at his age, so it took forever to get her to sleep through the night, so I have felt very blessed.

Quoting ripemango:

such prolonged sleep at that age is nothing short of a miraculous feeling. you are very fortunate oceana!

Quoting Oceana09:

He's sleeping from 9 at night until 5 in the morning. He slept through the night on Monday and I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but he did the same again last night, so I'm thinking it's no longer a fluke.

Quoting ripemango:

sleeping thru the night is considered 5 hrs in 1 stretch. DD started doiing that at 5 wks old...man what wonderfulness that was...the sun shone brighter i do believe

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
My kid wasn't even a month and trying to crawl she was walking at 10 mos

Quoting Oceana09:

Yea, I should have specified. I meant just holding his head up. His pediatrician said if he seems like he's ready for it to go ahead and start giving him tummy time.

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Lol..

Does she mean holding his head up off tummy time position?

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Holding himself up? like on a table?

atyou
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM
*swoon*

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut up with your obnoxious know-it-all self. I'm sure her baby is fine *eyeroll*

Quoting atyou:

Torticollis. Common in preemies. Also called high muscle tone.

Quoting Cbreland07:

All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I'm sorry, Oceana :(

*hugs*

Quoting Oceana09:

His death really hit me hard. It was so stupid and preventable that it still to this day pisses me off. I still haven't completely gotten over it.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
And babies head would be twisted to the side if he had torticollis.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut up with your obnoxious know-it-all self. I'm sure her baby is fine *eyeroll*

Quoting atyou:

Torticollis. Common in preemies. Also called high muscle tone.

Quoting Cbreland07:

All my babies held their head up from birth.. I've never heard that was a problem.

Quoting atyou:

Watch the muscle tone. Holding the head up too early isn't *always* a good thing.

Yay for sleep!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Sids can also happen to any parent reguardless of their child's sleep pattern.

Quoting jacandjay:

I did not say that it never happens... just saying babies that young shouldnt sleep thru the night isnt right... sids can happen anytime and for no apparent reason..

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's "crap" and never happens.

Quoting jacandjay:

Thats crap... both my babies slept thru the night from the night they were born.. they are now going on 3 and 7..

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Did you hear this from a doctor?? I have never heard such non-sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Babies that young should not be sleeping through the night.. Terra an increased risk of SIDS when they sleep that long..

Are you breastfeeding?

Cause... That's no good at all if your breastfeeding.. It can really hurt your supply

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

That is awesome!  My little one is 7 weeks old and not sleeping through the night. We are breastfeeding though and I expect no sleep for awhile.  My first didn't sleep through the night until we stopped breastfeeding at a year.  I am usually up at 2, 4, and 6 am with him nursing.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)