Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think the dentist gave me the wrong colored fill in -.-

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 43 Replies
I got 4 out of the 17 total done last week. I went in today to get another 4 done. I had a different dentist this time. I noticed my fill in doesn't look like the last four I got done on top. These are slightly grayish. The other ones, from what I can tell, are completly white looking. I still have a few little pieces of the fill in in my mouth that I'll randomly feel and spit out. They are gray little concrete looking peices. I don't remember having this happen last time. Did she get me the wrong color? I got back again next Tuesday, do they need to be redone or something?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I tried to take a picture so you can see but, my mouth is too dark.
hplesha
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
They probably just gave you the silver fillings. Its the same thing just isn't white. I think the white ones are for real bad cavities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
The only difference I know of between the white and silver is the cost. The white cost more than the silver, but they both serve the same purpose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

No, they are trying to match the color of your teeth.

OP, I would call and ask.

Quoting hplesha:

They probably just gave you the silver fillings. Its the same thing just isn't white. I think the white ones are for real bad cavities.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Oh BTW they only ask me about the color I wanted once, I assumed they had the color choice on my records.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

pick up the phone and call them ... its that simple

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

That's just the other color that they have. You can ask to have the silver ones replaced with white ones if you don't like them.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Trust me, they are all pretty bad. Before these sessions, I had never been to a dentist before.

Quoting hplesha:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Took me a second to realize what you were talking about.  I am assuming you meant a filling? not a fill in?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Shoving my front teeth are pretty white. My back ones are the ones that suck. She did teeth you can see easily when I talk. They don't match my others at all :/

Quoting Anonymous:

No, they are trying to match the color of your teeth.

OP, I would call and ask.

Quoting hplesha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)