Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"skipping" prenatal visits...

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 123 Replies

So im 12 weeks, ive been to the docs 2 times already, 1st. to confirm the pregnancy i suppose... it was quick as always..boring.. not much to say..took my pee thats about it. my second time i was 9 weeks on the dot. they took my pee once again, i had a pap done, listened for the heart beat and heard it! and took some blood! And as most doctors would say at the end..ill see u next month..well i dont want to go... UNLESS NEEDED! its boring, waste in time, gas etc! he never says anything ..he just "gets the job done" i know i wont be getting a US till 20 weeks.. (witch is annoying to me too, cause what if my due dates wrong..that bothers me.. i dont want to be off by 2 weeks or nothing crazy) we are going off my LMP ..i guess i dont know how accurate that is, but in my pregnancy group, i know someone who was going off LMP and then had a US done and she was really 2 weeks behind??  ANYWAYS-  so i guess what im saying is..i dont want to go see him till about 19 weeks, I have my own nice doppler i can hear teh babys heartbeat on myself, and the rest i dont feel is needed...  i know you do some test..where u drink that sugar drink..so ill go then as well, (when is that done usually anyways?? thx)  like certain things.. ill go for, but when is it Actually necessary?? thats the only other thing that sticks out to me besides the 20 week US? thats sad i dont remember because i have a 15 month old..but yeah i felt like i was there TOO much for no reason! i dont want to go threw all that again..  :o)  i hope this dont make me a "bad mom"..  i just have lots going on!! Thanks Mommas!! xoxo

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheeks09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BUMP

Cheeks09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

BUMP

Cheeks09
BUMP
Cheeks09

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
9 moms liked this
I am 16 weeks, and agree the first prenatals seem useless and boring.. but what if something was wrong. What if there is protein in your urine, and you skip an appt and something happens... Better safe than sorry. A boring pregnancy is a good and healthy pregnancy lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My doctor has me go every 6 weeks in the beginning. And now i'm going every month. SO I went in at 8 weeks noramlly I wait until 12 weeks since there's no reason to really go before than. so I went at 8 weeks, 14 weeks, 20 weeks, 26 weeks, and now i'll go at 30 weeks. I go in tomorrow for my glucose testing but I dont have to see my doc. just go to the lab and do my thing. But besides my 1st miscarriage my 3 other pregnancies have been esay peasy and that is why i dont go so often. so sorry if i'm not much help.

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I wouldn't skip unless its necessary that you do so.  Tracking and monitoring the growth and development of the pregnancy is important. There are plenty of things that could go wrong, and those regular checks are important. I would say go, unless you know how to check and monitor the development of the baby... 

mydarlingsofia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I went to all of mine. I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything out of the ordinary and I wanted to be able to trust my OB. There was a lot of things I wanted to make sure went a certain way, and if I just came in at 30 weeks saying "this is whats happening" without having any relationship with my OB, it'd feel weird to me.

Cheeks09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM

i guess thats sorta true, and protein in my urine..what would they do for that?! idk... i just dont wanna goooooo LOL seriously its driving me nuts haha and my doc is so boring!  just with my daughter the whole thing was flawless and this ones feeling just about the same! lol. i just wanna see my baby..so im totally okay with waiting till the 20 weeks to go see him haha

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 16 weeks, and agree the first prenatals seem useless and boring.. but what if something was wrong. What if there is protein in your urine, and you skip an appt and something happens... Better safe than sorry. A boring pregnancy is a good and healthy pregnancy lol

fairyjester
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally i think if you skip your visits (not just you in particular but in general) they should take your baby at the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)