Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How messed up is this!?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

I called planned parenthood to see how much it would be to get a tubal done, I do qualify for family planning which would cover everything but any prescriptions if need be and the follow up, ok fine. They took my information down started setting up till she asked how many live births I have had, when I told her 2 she said I don't qualify. I am 26 with 2 children of my own and a SS who we have sole custody over and I don't qualify. So I decided I would call my dr, who said the same thing (except he would have been paid with cash), I called another dr my mom uses and he said the same thing also. So basically to get a tubal I would have to have another child, one we don't want nor really need. I don't understand this concept? So basically I will be on the implanon till I am 30 which is when my dr said he would do it ugh.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM

your husband can get snipped and avoid those conflicts.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
He doesn't want to plus it cost twice as much. I have the implanon but I'm having a really hard time loosing weight and part of the reason is that.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

it should  not cost more it should costless. Plus the complications to a tubal and the often side effects to a woman are hard. Your husband is selfish if he wont consider it.8

Quoting Mommynwife26:

He doesn't want to plus it cost twice as much. I have the implanon but I'm having a really hard time loosing weight and part of the reason is that.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I found a doctor who would do it. I am 24 and only have 1. There's ALWAYS a doctor willing to do it with crazy ammounts of paperwork. Still thinking it over since my insurance covers mirena. Maybe I'll get that but frankly, I think I'm done :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Yep it sucks. I recommend your husband get fixed. They will do it on men when they want.
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM

That makes NO sense! I am 21 with 2 kids and had mine done... 

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I was 28 with 2 kids when I had mine.  Beforehand, we had a consult in his office.  He wanted my dh's okay to go forward before he would do it.  Why don't you qualify?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM
They would not let my dh het snipped they told him no. I had to beg and beg to get mine
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
He's not a fan of me getting a tubal but knows its my choice. He's afriad we would change our minds later on when we are making more money and our youngest is older, but its a gut feeling in knowing I am done having kids I feel complete. I dont really see it as selfish unless he was pushing me to get it done, which he's not.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

it should  not cost more it should costless. Plus the complications to a tubal and the often side effects to a woman are hard. Your husband is selfish if he wont consider it.8

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
They won't let me get mine done either because I have 2 BOYS and I'm not 26. It's ridiculous but its because there's too many women who have it done and then decide they want it reversed later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured