Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Momma's of twins..

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
when did you find out you were having two instead of one? I ask because I heard some momma's don't find out till they are born or really late in the pregnancy. When did you know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AdryF
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loving_my2boys
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I went to the hospital at 13 weeks because I was having really bad stomach pains... come to find out it was my ligaments stretching from having two instead of one baby in me :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdryF
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Awww, I bet you were surprised. :) thank you.

Quoting loving_my2boys:

I went to the hospital at 13 weeks because I was having really bad stomach pains... come to find out it was my ligaments stretching from having two instead of one baby in me :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I was almost 6 months along when I finally got an ultrasound appointment. The staff was amazed that I didn't know. Apparently, all of those tests that you get at the beginning of your pregnancy should have been off, especially the diabetes one. I drank a Coke on the way to it and came out with normal blood sugar. I think I must be not so normal. My sister found out at 5 weeks, I think.

loving_my2boys
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It was a bit of half and half... Happy surprise because that means 2 bundles of joy, getting to watch 2 grow up, they get a friend for life,stuff like that. At the same time worried because it's 2 of everything luckily we had a lot of family and friends help us out... at least on my side of the family.

Quoting AdryF:

Awww, I bet you were surprised. :) thank you.

Quoting loving_my2boys:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

weirdly..my first u/s was at 5 weeks..just a quick one..congrats you're pregnant sort of thing (I was really high risk also) went in for a full u/s at 8 weeks..and SURPRISE! You have 2!

My sister also has twins..but her husband was military and she had no risk..so she found out she was having twins a little after her 6 month mark..the day I brought mine home from the hospital

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
At my 12 week ultrasound. They are identical.
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I found out at 5 weeks (3 weeks gestation).

I went to the hospital because I thought my appendix was about to rupture (it almost did, but that was later in the pregnancy) and they did the pregnancy test and told me I was pregnant (Big surprise!) so they did an ultrasound and when the doctor came in he said, "Your appendix looks fine, all I can see are the beginnings of a twin pregnancy"... then he just walked away! Like WTF? lol I couldn't even understand, I heard the words, but they made no sense to me haha I was in total shock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)