Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers of three in car seats! i need your help!!

Posted by   + Show Post

so i have two girls who will be 1 & 2 next month. i am pregnant with my third now and we have a ford focus. theres like a foot inbetween the two car seats if that and i need a bigger car to fit three car seats. any one have a car that holds 3 car seats? ive been looking at vans i just hate the look of them so was seeing if any women had a regular 5 seater car that fit allt the kids. it will be a lot better on gas than a suv or van plus im too young to be a soccer mom with a mini van, im only 20 :p any help would be lovely :)

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Ask the car seat group. There is a smaller car seat that can fit 3 across in small cars but I forget the name. I have 4 in car seats but I have a mini van. If you think you're too young for a mini van then you're probably too young for 3 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yup.  I had a 1990 BWM 525, and I managed to have three car seats in it, including an infant seat, an older baby seat, and booster seat all in the back.  Now I have a '98 BMW 740iL, and it's like a couch back there!

Both cars have HUGE trunks for hauling the baby gear, and the 740iL is actually pretty decent in foul weather thanks to the traction control.  You can find one for less than $5k.  The best part is it's built like a tank, so if you're in an accident, the babies are well protected.  My car weighs over two tons (about 5,400 pounds dry curb weight).

HunternChase
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I have a Tahoe and love it... I have my 20 month rearfacing in the middle and my 7 year old in a booster and he has plenty of room to buckle his seatbelt..
sktrowb
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 rf 1 ff...

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting sktrowb:

I can do 3 in my 4 door caviler

aare they rear or forward facing? i will have  forwards and one rear by the time i have my next.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I have a Grand Jeep Cherokee with three carseats across in the back. I have an infant carrier. then ds is in a graco Nautilus and dd is in a high back booster.
sktrowb
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
My mom can get 3 in her alero but its tight

Quoting sktrowb:

2 rf 1 ff...

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting sktrowb:

I can do 3 in my 4 door caviler

aare they rear or forward facing? i will have  forwards and one rear by the time i have my next.

Holland04
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

there are plenty of suvs with third row seating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I drive an Acadia. I have two boosters and my oldest is in a seatbelt. So guess I'm not help. But the backseat of my husband's extended cab truck is pretty big
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I have a toyota sienna. the middle row is 2 caption seats with a 3rd seat in the middle and it fits all 3 carseats great!!!

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm sorry, hon. lol. we went to the minivan when we had our third. and yeah, i didn't like being a "minivan mom," but it was a lot easier in terms of getting them in and out of the car, especially not having to bend over to get them in and out. the oldest could go to the back row and buckle in and out and the other two were at my waist level. ya might just need to get an suv or van.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN