Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers of three in car seats! i need your help!!

Posted by   + Show Post

so i have two girls who will be 1 & 2 next month. i am pregnant with my third now and we have a ford focus. theres like a foot inbetween the two car seats if that and i need a bigger car to fit three car seats. any one have a car that holds 3 car seats? ive been looking at vans i just hate the look of them so was seeing if any women had a regular 5 seater car that fit allt the kids. it will be a lot better on gas than a suv or van plus im too young to be a soccer mom with a mini van, im only 20 :p any help would be lovely :)

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
BREN_da
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Hyundai Santa Fe. I had twins and a 3 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
SUV hybrid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I have a minivan...my kids are 3, 2 and 8 months. I would never want to drive a car with 3 seats across. We rented a car on vacation and it was a nightmare. My older 2 sat on the driver's side and the passenger side and the baby sat in the middle. We had to take the carrier out through the front seat because we couldn't get it over the other seats. The carrier could not fit behind the driver's seat or passenger seat without the seats being all the way up. As much as I despise my minivan it, it really is the most practical vehicle for us.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

we had to get a mini van for everyone's comfort, believe me it was harder on me since I went from a Camaro to a Dodge Caravan...having said that once you get the van you will wonder how you ever did without it

britmichele
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I fit 3in my malibu:) and its a great car. I could also fit 3 in my corolla
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I have a ford 500.... I can fit 3 car seats
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have a Chrysler Aspen. We have all three on one row with a back row with three more seats. They don't make them anymore though. If you can find a used one, GET IT! They suck on gas, but ROCK in every other way! The Ford Freestyle we had was wide enough too, but, those can be a hassle. Lots of issues.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

No, we got an SUV when we had three in car seats. Don't know of a car that you could put three in. 

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Agreed about the minivan comment.

Suv would be best bet. Aim for one with a third row.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask the car seat group. There is a smaller car seat that can fit 3 across in small cars but I forget the name. I have 4 in car seats but I have a mini van. If you think you're too young for a mini van then you're probably too young for 3 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
What seats are your kids in currently? Some seats are just NOT 3-across friendly no matter what car you have. You might have to replace at least one seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN