Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers of three in car seats! i need your help!!

Posted by   + Show Post

so i have two girls who will be 1 & 2 next month. i am pregnant with my third now and we have a ford focus. theres like a foot inbetween the two car seats if that and i need a bigger car to fit three car seats. any one have a car that holds 3 car seats? ive been looking at vans i just hate the look of them so was seeing if any women had a regular 5 seater car that fit allt the kids. it will be a lot better on gas than a suv or van plus im too young to be a soccer mom with a mini van, im only 20 :p any help would be lovely :)

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
pooh_williams
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Sorry no help i had a Izusu Rodeo it is a SUV with 3 car seats. Im now in a Jeep Commander with 4 car seats. I can not stand the look of the minvans so we went with a 3rd row SUV. Now i had a rental car that was a Toyota Sephia and it fit all 3 car seats and my mom has a Chevy Aveo and it also fits all the 3. I guess it really depends on how wide each car seat is.

Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Good luck! We have a Subaru Tribeca which has third row seating and we can barely figure it out. We have the two boys (both FF) in the far back. And then we have DD in the middle. She's still RF, but she should be out of her infant car seat. We have her in the infant seat still because we can't figure out how to strap a RF seat in it! There are no hooks for the tether when it's RF. It's a frickin pain in the butt. and there's no room. DD has to sit behind me because DH can't scoot his seat back far enough when she's behind him. omg. Wish we had planned out our children's birthdays a little better. Like YEARS apart!!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM
My mom has a 3-across in her Malibu as well. And you're right, they're awesome cars.

Quoting britmichele:

I fit 3in my malibu:) and its a great car. I could also fit 3 in my corolla
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KlingyMomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I had a dodge stratus 4 door that easily fit my three. It was also a 4 cylinder so i got about 32 mpg. Now I have 4 in carseats and have a durango.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bc19
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I could fit 2 rear and 1 forward in my PT cruiser if the bases weren't huge. 

annhart19
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM
We have a Chevy impala and will have to fit 3 in the back of ours. We want to get an SUV like a Tahoe or explorer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask the car seat group. There is a smaller car seat that can fit 3 across in small cars but I forget the name. I have 4 in car seats but I have a mini van. If you think you're too young for a mini van then you're probably too young for 3 kids.

no im not too young for my three babies. i am a great mother thank you very much. just because i dont want a mini van means i shouldnt have my babies? im sorry how does that work? you know why i dont want a mini van? because i feel so much older than 20. i feel like im 30 i dont do anything except change diapers and watch yo gabba gabba and give baths. my life is my kids lives and me not getting a mini van is my way of holding on to at least 1 part of my youth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It can depend a lot on what carseats you have, we have two huge graco ones and a back booster now but it was crazy when all 3 were in 5 point harnesses lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Buuurrnnnn! Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask the car seat group. There is a smaller car seat that can fit 3 across in small cars but I forget the name. I have 4 in car seats but I have a mini van. If you think you're too young for a mini van then you're probably too young for 3 kids.

ACsLady
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We'll have 4 in car seats come Spring. I'm pregnant with our fourth and we also have a 3.5 year old, 2.5 year old, and 1 year old.

I've never had the hang up about vans though...so that's what we've had since we had our second. We had a minivan, but that got totaled. Now driving a conversion van. I hate the look of it, but it gets us where we need to be and I can stand up inside, which is helpful when getting all the kids in...it's very roomy.

I don't know of any cars that will hold 3 car seats well. :/ Some smaller SUVs definitely will and you might be able to find one that is pretty good on gas mileage. Not sure.

EDIT: Forgot to add that a lot will depend on the kind of car seats you get and whether you are rear or forward facing. We were able to invest in Britax seats, which are awesome, but also huge. So, smaller, more compact seats would be better for a car. Can't help you with brands or anything as I'm not up on all that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)