Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers of three in car seats! i need your help!!

Posted by   + Show Post

so i have two girls who will be 1 & 2 next month. i am pregnant with my third now and we have a ford focus. theres like a foot inbetween the two car seats if that and i need a bigger car to fit three car seats. any one have a car that holds 3 car seats? ive been looking at vans i just hate the look of them so was seeing if any women had a regular 5 seater car that fit allt the kids. it will be a lot better on gas than a suv or van plus im too young to be a soccer mom with a mini van, im only 20 :p any help would be lovely :)

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I do feel obligated to just say...you know rearfacing is safer right? well if you have two ff and one rf then they will all for sure fit. You put the rf in the middle and the two ff on the outsides. Just look into slimmer seats.

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting MedicMommy2:

I have fit 3 in my friends focus. It just depends on what carseats you have. Assuming all three will be rearfacing just get narrow seats.

no i have my oldest forward facing and when my second gets bigger (shes still perfect sized for the rear facing) she will be switching too. just my personal choice to forward face. i probably wont switch her around till shes a year and a half which will be a month before the new baby gets here

ProudTeenMom319
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM

We have a vw jetta, tiny little car, and we can fit two convertable carseats and a infant seat in it. Depends on the kind of seat you have I guess. 
My aunts ford focus is more roomy in the back then our jetta is, so you should be able to fit three. 

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I used to have a Chrysler 300, and it fit three carseats across the back. Two convertible seats, and a rear facing infant carrier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Dodge intrepid! I fit 3 kids easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mouthyhousewife
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I couldn't fit 3 in my Mazda. I ended up getting a ford windstar. But I looked at a lot of other vehicles too. I really like the dodge durango. But the lip of the rear hatch has a knack for rusting. I also love the gmc acaidia. Just couldn't find one in our price range. A friend of mine has a Kia amanti and fits 3 in the back comfortably.
rlk121909
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM

yes i know its safer in studies but ive tried having my two girls rear facing my youngest is ok with it for the most part but my youngest screams and screams and ends up distracting me. i think for me it would be safer to have her forward and me focusing on the road then her rear and screaming distracting me. 

Quoting MedicMommy2:

I do feel obligated to just say...you know rearfacing is safer right? well if you have two ff and one rf then they will all for sure fit. You put the rf in the middle and the two ff on the outsides. Just look into slimmer seats.

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting MedicMommy2:

I have fit 3 in my friends focus. It just depends on what carseats you have. Assuming all three will be rearfacing just get narrow seats.

no i have my oldest forward facing and when my second gets bigger (shes still perfect sized for the rear facing) she will be switching too. just my personal choice to forward face. i probably wont switch her around till shes a year and a half which will be a month before the new baby gets here

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM
my kids are 3 and 4 and my other one is 1. I have a plymouth breeze. I don't know if i am much help because the two older ones are in booster seats and they fit good next to the babys seat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I had a Toyota Camry that fit 2 convertible and one infant seat in the back. I didn't have to do it everyday, but I did it often. Very often.

crazedmama06
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

You'll want Radians. They are EXTREMELY skinny and you can fit 3 across in any car. We have 3 in our small toyota tacoma. 1rfing and 2 ff. We can also fit them in the back seat of my van (I freaking hate having a minivan too but we couldn't afford anything else) which with any other seat we can't fit 3 across back there. :) 

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
My mom has a ford 500 I can fit 3 car seats in the back of it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN