Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So they do exist..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I'm watching "The Mistress" on TV, a series where a former mistress helps other mistresses (of married men) get past the relationship and solve personal issues. 

The last woman on the show was 30 with two kids, she had been seeing a married man for almost 9 years. He promised her that he was going to divorce his wife many years ago and of course she ate it up for 9 years. One of her children is from a previous relationship and the other is from this current affair. She and her kids live with her mom, as well. The host told her to confront him about where the relationship was going, so she did, and reported back that he broke it off. The host was flabbergasted, "no, no! He's not the one that was supposed to break it off, you were! He doesn't have control, you do! You shouldn't have let him do that." 

Ummm, come again? It's his damn right to break it off whenever he wants, sure he's a total scumbag but you're the idiot that sat around on your ass for 9 years believing you'd someday be his one and only.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

SMH

Making it sound as though mistresses are the victims!

Yes, there are con men out there, and I sincerely feel for women who are tricked by them.  But if you go into a relationship knowing he is married, no matter the circumstances, you aren't a victim.  You are someone making a poor choice, and risking hurting yourself.

You shouldn't have let him do that?  What was she supposed to do, blackmail him?  Start stalking and threatening?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Apparently she was supposed to lure him back in THEN break up with him herself. Lmao

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

SMH

Yes, there are con men out there, and I sincerely feel for women who are tricked by them.  But if you go into a relationship knowing he is married, no matter the circumstances, you aren't a victim.  You are someone making a poor choice, and risking hurting yourself.

You shouldn't have let him do that?  What was she supposed to do, blackmail him?  Start stalking and threatening?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'm all for helping mistresses come right with the world and move on, but that is ridiculous.  Either way, the relationship ended and she can find a way to move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently she was supposed to lure him back in THEN break up with him herself. Lmao

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

SMH

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
4 moms liked this

You're not a victim when you're a mistress, you're just a whore and generally speaking a stupid whore for falling for the BS.  You get what you deserve when you act like that.  Not pity from me, just chuckles and I told you so!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I agree. It's ridiculous all the talk about "control".... Relationships are not about controlling each other so why the fuck would you encourage a mistress to be a controlling bitch?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'm all for helping mistresses come right with the world and move on, but that is ridiculous.  Either way, the relationship ended and she can find a way to move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Exactly. It's sad that she short changed her kids for many years, too. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You're not a victim when you're a mistress, you're just a whore and generally speaking a stupid whore for falling for the BS.  You get what you deserve when you act like that.  Not pity from me, just chuckles and I told you so!

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

The mistress should have said "I do not accept your break up.  I am in control, I break up with you."  Ha!

Just like the "You can't fire me!  I quit!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Lol yeah that's pretty much what the host wanted her to do. Classy, eh? 

Quoting anotherhalf:

The mistress should have said "I do not accept your break up.  I am in control, I break up with you."  Ha!

Just like the "You can't fire me!  I quit!"

MADMomma1975a
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM

OMG they will put anything on TV won't they.

ARmomOf3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

lmao whores and fornicators! the lot of them!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)