Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So they do exist..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm watching "The Mistress" on TV, a series where a former mistress helps other mistresses (of married men) get past the relationship and solve personal issues. 

The last woman on the show was 30 with two kids, she had been seeing a married man for almost 9 years. He promised her that he was going to divorce his wife many years ago and of course she ate it up for 9 years. One of her children is from a previous relationship and the other is from this current affair. She and her kids live with her mom, as well. The host told her to confront him about where the relationship was going, so she did, and reported back that he broke it off. The host was flabbergasted, "no, no! He's not the one that was supposed to break it off, you were! He doesn't have control, you do! You shouldn't have let him do that." 

Ummm, come again? It's his damn right to break it off whenever he wants, sure he's a total scumbag but you're the idiot that sat around on your ass for 9 years believing you'd someday be his one and only.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yeah, almost makes you wonder if it's all scripted. What mistress would humiliate herself on TV like that?

Quoting MADMomma1975a:

OMG they will put anything on TV won't they.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I suppose that says a lot about why the host was a mistress in the first place...

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. It's ridiculous all the talk about "control".... Relationships are not about controlling each other so why the fuck would you encourage a mistress to be a controlling bitch?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I'm all for helping mistresses come right with the world and move on, but that is ridiculous.  Either way, the relationship ended and she can find a way to move on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently she was supposed to lure him back in THEN break up with him herself. Lmao

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

SMH

Making it sound as though mistresses are the victims!

Yes, there are con men out there, and I sincerely feel for women who are tricked by them.  But if you go into a relationship knowing he is married, no matter the circumstances, you aren't a victim.  You are someone making a poor choice, and risking hurting yourself.

You shouldn't have let him do that?  What was she supposed to do, blackmail him?  Start stalking and threatening?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Lol indeed. Maybe the host should give them a lifetime supply of Bibles at the end.

Quoting ARmomOf3:

lmao whores and fornicators! the lot of them!!

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

so WHO exists?  mistresses?   huh - why wouldnt they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I was just sort of being funny like .. "Oh wow, women with absolutely no self respect or dignity do exist"

Quoting AmaliaD:

so WHO exists?  mistresses?   huh - why wouldnt they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Well, I hope she told his wife and sued him for child support!

I must watch this show...

lucsch
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Are you kidding? All reality shows exist so people can show how incapable and what idiots they are. I usually can't stomach any of them. Who are these people who want to make fools out of themselves???

For example, American Idol. I love the show, once they sort out all the showoffs who just want to be on national TV. Some of these people must know they can't sing a lick!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, almost makes you wonder if it's all scripted. What mistress would humiliate herself on TV like that?

Quoting MADMomma1975a:

OMG they will put anything on TV won't they.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

You can't make a blanket statement like this, unless you have been a mistress yourself? How do you know?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You're not a victim when you're a mistress, you're just a whore and generally speaking a stupid whore for falling for the BS.  You get what you deserve when you act like that.  Not pity from me, just chuckles and I told you so!

ittybit2012
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm supposed to feel sorry for this woman because???  Oh wait, I don't.  She got what was coming to her and unfortunately, there is an innocent child that will get caught in this bullshit.  Both of them are selfish assholes.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Love your answer

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You're not a victim when you're a mistress, you're just a whore and generally speaking a stupid whore for falling for the BS.  You get what you deserve when you act like that.  Not pity from me, just chuckles and I told you so!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN