Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shut the F up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I was curious if anyone else had very sensitive senses?

Noises bug me out so bad. I can hear a car or truck running from 5-7 houses down and it will seriously drive me insane. To the point where I feel ill. The constant sound of anything other than a fan drives me insane. Industrial fans in stores are some times enough to drive me out of the store until DH can call me and tell me its shut off. I get massive headaches from repetitive sounds like sirens or beeping or god forbid a dog barking for hours! (Stupid neighbors!) Things like that. I can hear things that others don't seem to pick up. I can tell when neighbors come home by the sound of each car. I can tell when my husbands up the street by our car. I can locate him in a store because his keys jingle when he walks. People whispering...lol keep trying I can hear that most of the time. I don't think I have super hero hearing but its a whole lot more sensitive than others seems to be. And it drives me crazy. I often wish I could walk around with ear plugs. Especially around the sounds that make me feel ill. (there's a truck 4 houses down from me right now and I seriously have turned on a fan gone into the furthest room and can still hear it and its making me sick) 

The only other sense that I have sensitivity to is smell which again is linked to my head and stomach apparently. Powerful smells can again give me a headache or make me out right puke. Good or bad. The smell of vanilla makes me vomit. Places like yankee candle store forget it I've got a migraine and a stomach ache walking by the store. Coffee, seafood, scalloped potatoes and cheddar and broccoli combined all make me gag and dry heave. Don't even get me started on smells that are actually gross like skunk or trash or anything rotting. Its awful. =\

Tell me I'm not alone here? Please? Does anyone else have extreme sensitivity to some senses or am I out of my mind?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Anyone?

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Lol damn! That would suck! I don't like the sound of the humidifier running when it's low on water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Ugh didn't this post just have the title Sensitive senses?

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I do to some sounds. Like nail clipping, nail biting, gum popping, popping knuckles...it makes me want to either scream or cry. Loud, obvious noises don't bother me as bad, it's those little noises that really grate my ears, I have always been this way.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I swear the title changed as I clicked it....bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

DS calls me "elephant ears". He's like, How did you HEAR that?

sampson200
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

My husband has aspergers.

So, he is sensitive to certain noises.

No issues with smell, though.

For me, really loud bass in cars makes me physically ill.

I never listen to it, and I'll have some wannabe pull up beside me, bass thumping, and I'm over here, getting pukey.

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yes...both hearing and smell. My hubby just tells me to get over it, I try to tell him if he lived in my head he would understand. Mine does not make me sick to my stomach so much, it makes me angry though. If a repetitive noise or an ongoing noise last too long, I tend to go from irritated to flat out angry, with a side of anxiety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'm super sensitive to smell. I can smell bad smells before anyone else and it is super annoying, but it doesn't make me sick. But funny thing is, I work at Yankee Candle as my second job. I cannot smell the "background" smell in that store at all anymore (it has been 6 years I've worked there) and it hasn't ever given me migraines ( I get them daily because of my neck and spine, and I have terrible allergies too...just not to fragrance and I literally judge everyone that shops there and complains about the smell...)

Noise drives me nuts, but doesn't make me ill.

cLanief
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I have a very keen sense of smell... I can't handle a lot of anything or my nose goes psycho. I can sniff out a bag of marshmallows in a store lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN