Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think its trashy...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To register a baby shower at Walmart?

My sister in law registered her pregnancy at Walmart. What I don't understand is we have baby depot and baby's r us. Why not register there instead of Walmart?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

maybe she is being nice??  like the gifts would cost less from there and they carry the same things.   when i registered at babys r us my sil just called and told me how her trashy hillbilly family wont drive that far or pay that much.   to expect very little from them.   so maybe her fam is like that.   they encouraged me to register at walmart too but i didnt want to double up when registering for the big items so i didnt.  

areles
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

maybe she's being thoughtful, and rather than register for a bunch of overpriced shit at babies r us, she's choosing instead to keep in mind folks' wallets?

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Because babies are us and baby depot are expensive as hell. I registered at wal-mart because I didn't want friends and family to feel they needed to buy brand name crap for a baby that won't know the difference.

ARmomOf3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I registered my wedding at walmart and target simply because there is one of those near EVERYONE.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

no because I refuse to shop at babies r us or baby depot. I would rahter shop walmart my behind is paying double for something i can get half price at walmart. Nope no way ,no thank you an nor would I buy any one a baby shower gift from there. im not getting ripped of.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I registered at target....they have more of a selection.

Walmart doesnt....its more clothes really.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
All of the moms here brought up great points- its cheaper, more convenient, and therefore maybe its more considerate to those who would be buying for them. They might be mindful of other's budgets and locations. I don't think its trashy at all. I registered at both places for my oldest child. Personally. I prefer Walmart over BRU, for everything but strollers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taramac
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Walmart carries a lot of the same brands as Baby Depot or Baby's r us, so what's the big deal. Maybe she didn't want everyone to spend a ton on the gifts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sstef126
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Why would Wal-Mart be trashy? If you feel that way then just go get something at Dillard's instead if it will make you feel superior.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I dont' get the whole Walmart is trashy either. I have never purchased bad products from there.  I bet you can't tell my spaghetti I make with stuff bought at Walmart than that bought from say Publix.  It's just more affordable for me.  They sell much of the same stuff as some of the other stores. Our Walmart is great.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

What does every one have against walmart? Walmart is awesome - the one in my area sucks. Too many people and too far away. I actually dont like city walmarts. Its worse then an amusement park. But in a area where its not so densly populated - walmart is awesome!

And a baby registry there is jsut fine.

I see no difference between walmart, target, coscto, bj's, k mart, big lots. They are all the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN