Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think its trashy...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To register a baby shower at Walmart?

My sister in law registered her pregnancy at Walmart. What I don't understand is we have baby depot and baby's r us. Why not register there instead of Walmart?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I feel the same way. I don't shop at walmart. Babies R Us is much better and not much of a price difference on most items in my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I registered at Target first, then whatever else I wanted, I registered at Babies R Us. I thought Target was more convienant and affordable than Babies R Us. They had most of what I wanted too.
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Who cares where she registers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Would you like a ladder?

AleaKat
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
No it's not trashy at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Maybe she like cheap stuff made in China, coated in lead paint??? IDK- just guessing... lol

MrsRinehart2010

Yeah it doesn , selection is key , this way they can A) look for a good deal and B) more options then people buying the same things. Now knowing what I know now about babies, I would have never asked for diapers though, my oldest had to only wear luvs lol an she had gotten tons of other brands athe baby shower lol. . I guess new parents dont relize baby can have allergys lol. I would have simly asked for blankets an stuff. I asked for basic baby neesd such as diapers whipes ect because we already had every thing.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Not even that.

But I got a lot of things from walmart.

I mean people register at places just to get an idea.

I registered at target because they had more of a selection.

I hope that makes sense lol

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

no because I refuse to shop at babies r us or baby depot. I would rahter shop walmart my behind is paying double for something i can get half price at walmart. Nope no way ,no thank you an nor would I buy any one a baby shower gift from there. im not getting ripped of.

Wifeyy2Lette
Walmart is just as good an a lot cheaper than those places, it's more affordable for a lot of people.
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

This, and mabye her friends/family don't have a ton of money to blow at Baby Depot or Babies R Us.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not trashy. Maybe a lot of her friends and family don't live near those other stores. Everyone lives near a Walmart. Seems practical to me.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM
It's not trashy. Everyone, including myself, that I've known to register have made one at Walmart AND a babies rus so there is a cheaper option. Some people just shop at Walmart for everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)