Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suave shampoo with keratin

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is this for black women? No offense, but my dh bought it for me but it smells like black women's products.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Ignoring the OPs ignorant question, those of you that have used it, do you like it? Is it supposed to help keep your hair straighter??
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

....I honestly did not know there were race specific shampoos.......come to cafemom, learn something new.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Lmao!
marie2409
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I never correct people, but I can't resist when YOU'RE calling HER an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your an idiot...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Keratin treatments are used on caucasian hair to give it that sleek, straight look that is popular right now.  It also dries amazingly fast, resists split ends, and always looks perfect.   It costs $200 every 6 weeks when I have it done, so Sauve made a cheap product for women who don't have the funds to get a real treatment.  It's for caucasian women.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

The fuck does that even mean? I'm a cosmetologist and very familiar with lines of product made specifically for African American hair, but how can it "smell like black women's products" and why would that matter, Keratin is good for any and all hair types and ethnicities. Even if it were made for women of color, it'll only make your hair more moisturized. For the record though, no, its not. Its for anyone with hair.

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I could see where you'd come to that conclusion, but in this strangers defense, a lot of brands do put the line of product for African Americans in gold/brown bottles. And they typically have special oils in them that give them a unique smell. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your an idiot...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Thank you. I just used it for the first time and I can tell a difference.

Quoting Val99:

Keratin treatments are used on caucasian hair to give it that sleek, straight look that is popular right now.  It also dries amazingly fast, resists split ends, and always looks perfect.   It costs $200 every 6 weeks when I have it done, so Sauve made a cheap product for women who don't have the funds to get a real treatment.  It's for caucasian women.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I wouldn't know, I don't use it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Thank you!!

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

I could see where you'd come to that conclusion, but in this strangers defense, a lot of brands do put the line of product for African Americans in gold/brown bottles. And they typically have special oils in them that give them a unique smell. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your an idiot...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)