Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suave shampoo with keratin

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is this for black women? No offense, but my dh bought it for me but it smells like black women's products.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Replies (21-29):
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM

The bottle is gold. And the Morrocan one by Suave is in the exact same color bottle. Do you think that if the bottle is purple, you have to match to use it? SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it is the only one in a brown bottle...

Quoting Anonymous:

Your an idiot...

bbrackett
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I love it. I recently got the tresseme one and I hate it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Not necessarily race specific but hair type specific. I think the OP just worded this really really badly. 

Quoting jenmomx3:

....I honestly did not know there were race specific shampoos.......come to cafemom, learn something new.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I need to try it sometime it sounds good.

Quoting Val99:

Keratin treatments are used on caucasian hair to give it that sleek, straight look that is popular right now.  It also dries amazingly fast, resists split ends, and always looks perfect.   It costs $200 every 6 weeks when I have it done, so Sauve made a cheap product for women who don't have the funds to get a real treatment.  It's for caucasian women.

heathurln
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I use it and I'm not black.
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

ITs not just for white people. Keratin can be found in pretty much any shampoo for stregthening or repair regardless of how much or how little it costs. It can also be used to fill in porous hair to prevent uneven color results. its not for any specific race, hair type, or wave pattern. Straight, curly, wavy, white, black, asian, whatever, all hair benefits from keratin. Yes there are straightening treatments with kertain, but the Keratin doesnt aid straightening whatsoever.

Quoting Val99:

Keratin treatments are used on caucasian hair to give it that sleek, straight look that is popular right now.  It also dries amazingly fast, resists split ends, and always looks perfect.   It costs $200 every 6 weeks when I have it done, so Sauve made a cheap product for women who don't have the funds to get a real treatment.  It's for caucasian women.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Oh, the irony!

Quoting Anonymous:

Your an idiot...

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, you should use google mama before posting....no offense :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xMs.Shannax
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Uhh no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN