Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They are cutting PA!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think they should cut PA before they cut SS benefits, military and veterans' pay?

Options:

Yes, cut PA first

No, PA users deserve PA

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (61-70):
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Social Security is paid by workers. It should never be used for anything else. (Didn't Nixon fund the Vietnam war with SS)?

The elderly cannot go out and get a job, so maybe some of their needs could be supported.

The SEVERLY handicapped cannot go out and get a job, so maybe some of theiri needs could be supported.

The military has to be supported because it keeps foreign governements from attacking us on US soil. If the cry babies in Washington would actually do their jobs, and secure our borders, and protect us from people trying to overtake our country, we should support their efforts. After 911-this should have happened.

Everyone else can support themselves IMO. You drop out of school and/or make a baby-that is YOUR responsibility to take care of.  PA for a few months is one thing-PA for 5 generations is unbelieveable.

And Congress should be the first to be adjusted. IMO........

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
They always look in others pockets before their own. And yes they did this last year.

Quoting Anonymous:

They use this scare tactic every time this happens!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoganTroyMom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
how does one get an EARNED income credit without paying taxes, exactly?

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And yet here we are paying millions upon millions in eic to people who didn't pay taxes. Makes sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I think they should cut our congress pay before they cut anything else..they're doing a shitty job anyway and in no way deserve the kind of pay they get

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
None of it should be cut before 'defense' and corporate.welfare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Not necessarily saying he doesn't "deserve" it. But you can't make it out that $400k isn't that much, when it's all cash-in-the-pocket. Stressful job or not, he chose it. I don't pity that he has a stressful job when he had every career option available to him.

I think ALL sports players make too much. I think celebrities, especially the washed out, drugged up ones, shouldn't be making that much either. This entire country and all of its' priorities are f'd up.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

He has one of if not the most stressful jobs in the World! I think 400,000 is the least the government can do for them their health. I don't hear anyone arguing about how Lebron is making millions to put a ball in a hoop. Congress should take pay cuts though IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

ONLY $400,000?? That's a lot. Especially when you have NO bills. No mortgage (White House), no ulilities, no property taxes, no insurance, no car payments, no ANYTHING... That's all money in the bank.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

No offense but the President does way more than anyone on PA and becides he only makes $400,000 a year.

Quoting ColleenF30:

So sweet how he threatens the income of those who can't fight back. I think the pay of those in charge should be cut. First the President, then the rest in Government. Maybe give them say....10% above minimum wage.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Neither, cut the pay of every bloated, over paid, lazy ass politician in the country by 20% and we can balance the budget in just a few years. They're accomplishing nothing, they don't deserve the several hundred thousand dollars we pay them... and they sure as shit don't deserve to keep getting paid even after their term of service is over, but they still do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I think we need to boot everyone out & start over, it can be done, the government works for us.

They should have not given themselves a raise, they aren't suppose to be able to make a career out of being a politician & they are only suppose to get paid when they actually work.

Tired of worrying that my husband won't get paid!

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Not taking sides here, but just to clarify something, he still owns and pays for, and pays insurance for the things he owned as was paying for before he was elected lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not necessarily saying he doesn't "deserve" it. But you can't make it out that $400k isn't that much, when it's all cash-in-the-pocket. Stressful job or not, he chose it. I don't pity that he has a stressful job when he had every career option available to him.

I think ALL sports players make too much. I think celebrities, especially the washed out, drugged up ones, shouldn't be making that much either. This entire country and all of its' priorities are f'd up.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

He has one of if not the most stressful jobs in the World! I think 400,000 is the least the government can do for them their health. I don't hear anyone arguing about how Lebron is making millions to put a ball in a hoop. Congress should take pay cuts though IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

ONLY $400,000?? That's a lot. Especially when you have NO bills. No mortgage (White House), no ulilities, no property taxes, no insurance, no car payments, no ANYTHING... That's all money in the bank.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

No offense but the President does way more than anyone on PA and becides he only makes $400,000 a year.

Quoting ColleenF30:

So sweet how he threatens the income of those who can't fight back. I think the pay of those in charge should be cut. First the President, then the rest in Government. Maybe give them say....10% above minimum wage.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

how does one get an EARNED income credit without paying taxes, exactly?

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And yet here we are paying millions upon millions in eic to people who didn't pay taxes. Makes sense.

By getting more than they paid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN