Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FINAL UPDATE- UPDATE!!!! Seriously mirena thanks for doing your damn job!! lol

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just came from my ultrasound appointment because the dr couldn't find my mirena, and thank goodness I had an awesome tech that told me what she saw even though they aren't supposed to. My mirena is no where near in place and I am possibly pregnant the tech said she saw a sac of fluid in my uterus but it could just be from where the mirena moved from.. Wow I am sitting in shock waiting on the drs phone call! UPDATE: the dr sent me in for labwork and I have a follow up appointment on Monday to discuss everything! Thank you ladies for all the replies!

FINAL UPDATE- sorry I have been MIA ladies but a lot has been going on I ended up in the ER and then being ambulanced to another hospital. Upon review if my u/s and a CT scan done at the hospital. My mirena is in the correctly placement just slightly lower than most are placed. I am NOT pregnant the fluid filled sac was from a cyst that ruptured from one of my overies which is normal response during ovulation. The fluid takes about a week to reabsorb into the body. All the pain, cramping, and overall not feeling well was due to my appendix being inflamed. Thank goodness it wasn't at a place that required emergency surgery yet but I will be having my appendix removed as well as removing the mirena since I am now so anxious about it lol... Thank all you ladies for the replies!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Thanks

Quoting Mazie0723:

Yikes. Good luck!
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Wow.  I can't believe they're even still using Mirena.  I had to have mine removed about 7 months after I got it, and it was so covered in tissue that the GYN said he'd never seen anything like it and actually sent it back to the manufacturer so they could see it.  I had bleeding, cramps, spotting, you name it.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Worked great for me

Quoting xMs.Shannax:

Mirena is a joke!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheLooneyBinMum
I'm sorry :( I had a mirena. I hated it.
StrawberryCool
I hate mirena.

It caused me to bleed a murder scene and I wasnt able to have sex the night I got engaged.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Yeah I got mine placed in July and have had nothing but issues!

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Wow.  I can't believe they're even still using Mirena.  I had to have mine removed about 7 months after I got it, and it was so covered in tissue that the GYN said he'd never seen anything like it and actually sent it back to the manufacturer so they could see it.  I had bleeding, cramps, spotting, you name it.

ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I have a 4 1/2 year old Mirena baby lol. It was perfectly in place too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I loved my mirena. 3 years of no periods and got pregnant a month after i had it out.never had any pregnancy scares on it either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My best friend has the mirena and she is 2 months pregnant. I think it is time the scientists take another look at that device......

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
It does work for a large majority of women I was just that small case :/

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Worked great for me

Quoting xMs.Shannax:

Mirena is a joke!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)