Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FINAL UPDATE- UPDATE!!!! Seriously mirena thanks for doing your damn job!! lol

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just came from my ultrasound appointment because the dr couldn't find my mirena, and thank goodness I had an awesome tech that told me what she saw even though they aren't supposed to. My mirena is no where near in place and I am possibly pregnant the tech said she saw a sac of fluid in my uterus but it could just be from where the mirena moved from.. Wow I am sitting in shock waiting on the drs phone call! UPDATE: the dr sent me in for labwork and I have a follow up appointment on Monday to discuss everything! Thank you ladies for all the replies!

FINAL UPDATE- sorry I have been MIA ladies but a lot has been going on I ended up in the ER and then being ambulanced to another hospital. Upon review if my u/s and a CT scan done at the hospital. My mirena is in the correctly placement just slightly lower than most are placed. I am NOT pregnant the fluid filled sac was from a cyst that ruptured from one of my overies which is normal response during ovulation. The fluid takes about a week to reabsorb into the body. All the pain, cramping, and overall not feeling well was due to my appendix being inflamed. Thank goodness it wasn't at a place that required emergency surgery yet but I will be having my appendix removed as well as removing the mirena since I am now so anxious about it lol... Thank all you ladies for the replies!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
GLO682
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

my kids were 22 months apart. the age gap worked out perfectly for me. i just dont want any more kids any time soon or maybe ever. im currently on the mirena. Best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol my youngest will be 19 months old when this baby is born if I am truly pregnant..

Quoting GLO682:

eek. i would die!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Yeah it is awful!

Quoting TheLooneyBinMum:

I'm sorry :( I had a mirena. I hated it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Lol thanks! If I am pregnant I will get a tubal after this one!

Quoting GLO682:

my kids were 22 months apart. the age gap worked out perfectly for me. i just dont want any more kids any time soon or maybe ever. im currently on the mirena. Best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol my youngest will be 19 months old when this baby is born if I am truly pregnant..

Quoting GLO682:

eek. i would die!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I am sorry that that is happening to you, but it just confirms my personal theory that IUD's just aren't right. it doesn't make sense that it would stay in place. I hope things go the way they want to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup :/

Quoting bustybee:

nice! is the mirena an IUD?

ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Yeah I learn my lesson not going to get that one again, they couldn't find mine at first seems it had slipped way inside. I think I'm just going to try not to get pregnant after this baby while I wait for menopause.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Oh man that sucks :(

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I hate mirena.

It caused me to bleed a murder scene and I wasnt able to have sex the night I got engaged.
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I absolutely HATED mirena....I had it for six months, and I bled the whole entire time...I went to the dr after the first month...she said it was normal...came back after three months, she said its normal up until 6 months...on the exact day of my six months, I had it taken out...worse BC experience of my life...

K_D88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Woah keep us updated. Sorry your going through that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Lol all my sister in laws have then and none of them had issues. It's crazy I never thought this would happen to me!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I have a 4 1/2 year old Mirena baby lol. It was perfectly in place too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
That's awesome! I am glad it worked for you :)

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

I loved my mirena. 3 years of no periods and got pregnant a month after i had it out.never had any pregnancy scares on it either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN