Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FINAL UPDATE- UPDATE!!!! Seriously mirena thanks for doing your damn job!! lol

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just came from my ultrasound appointment because the dr couldn't find my mirena, and thank goodness I had an awesome tech that told me what she saw even though they aren't supposed to. My mirena is no where near in place and I am possibly pregnant the tech said she saw a sac of fluid in my uterus but it could just be from where the mirena moved from.. Wow I am sitting in shock waiting on the drs phone call! UPDATE: the dr sent me in for labwork and I have a follow up appointment on Monday to discuss everything! Thank you ladies for all the replies!

FINAL UPDATE- sorry I have been MIA ladies but a lot has been going on I ended up in the ER and then being ambulanced to another hospital. Upon review if my u/s and a CT scan done at the hospital. My mirena is in the correctly placement just slightly lower than most are placed. I am NOT pregnant the fluid filled sac was from a cyst that ruptured from one of my overies which is normal response during ovulation. The fluid takes about a week to reabsorb into the body. All the pain, cramping, and overall not feeling well was due to my appendix being inflamed. Thank goodness it wasn't at a place that required emergency surgery yet but I will be having my appendix removed as well as removing the mirena since I am now so anxious about it lol... Thank all you ladies for the replies!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
-_-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
That happened to my best friend and my brother. I have a very handsome nephew because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Exactly!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friend has the mirena and she is 2 months pregnant. I think it is time the scientists take another look at that device......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I have Mirena I think it has made me miscarry a few times. :( I will be a week or so late with a few symptoms then I will bleed with a lot of clots and some cramping. I'm really starting to hate this thing. Good luck to you I hope everything turns out ok for you

1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have any MAJOR issues when I had Mirena or Paraguard but IUDs are known to fall out or embed themselves in your uterus or even go through it... :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
If I am pregnant I will be fine babies are a blessing regardless of the timing, and if I am not pregnant then I will go back to NFP for my BC lol

Quoting bustybee:

I am sorry that that is happening to you, but it just confirms my personal theory that IUD's just aren't right. it doesn't make sense that it would stay in place. I hope things go the way they want to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup :/

Quoting bustybee:

nice! is the mirena an IUD?

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I have it and aside from minor side effects am pretty happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I am just hoping they can get it out without surgery!

Quoting ivy801:

Yeah I learn my lesson not going to get that one again, they couldn't find mine at first seems it had slipped way inside. I think I'm just going to try not to get pregnant after this baby while I wait for menopause.

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I have thought this too. Can this happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have Mirena I think it has made me miscarry a few times. :( I will be a week or so late with a few symptoms then I will bleed with a lot of clots and some cramping. I'm really starting to hate this thing. Good luck to you I hope everything turns out ok for you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I don't trust IUDs. Ever hear the side effects? Migration of device, puncturing he uterus, infertility, blah blah blah. Why risk it? I'm not going to have my ability to reproduce jeopardized because I don't want to take a pill or use condoms. 

Im not bashing you, I just don't like mirena or any IUDs. 

luvinmybabies20
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yep that happen to me with my second child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)