Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FINAL UPDATE- UPDATE!!!! Seriously mirena thanks for doing your damn job!! lol

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just came from my ultrasound appointment because the dr couldn't find my mirena, and thank goodness I had an awesome tech that told me what she saw even though they aren't supposed to. My mirena is no where near in place and I am possibly pregnant the tech said she saw a sac of fluid in my uterus but it could just be from where the mirena moved from.. Wow I am sitting in shock waiting on the drs phone call! UPDATE: the dr sent me in for labwork and I have a follow up appointment on Monday to discuss everything! Thank you ladies for all the replies!

FINAL UPDATE- sorry I have been MIA ladies but a lot has been going on I ended up in the ER and then being ambulanced to another hospital. Upon review if my u/s and a CT scan done at the hospital. My mirena is in the correctly placement just slightly lower than most are placed. I am NOT pregnant the fluid filled sac was from a cyst that ruptured from one of my overies which is normal response during ovulation. The fluid takes about a week to reabsorb into the body. All the pain, cramping, and overall not feeling well was due to my appendix being inflamed. Thank goodness it wasn't at a place that required emergency surgery yet but I will be having my appendix removed as well as removing the mirena since I am now so anxious about it lol... Thank all you ladies for the replies!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
VanillaBlondie8
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Ok my best friend uses Mirena and suggested it to me, but I'm seeing and hearing too many women still getting pregnant while on Mirena. So I'll pass lol... Keep us updated OP!!! GL! =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yeah my dr kept saying all my symptoms were do to something else or were normal until yesterday when she couldn't find it!

Quoting jenmomx3:

I absolutely HATED mirena....I had it for six months, and I bled the whole entire time...I went to the dr after the first month...she said it was normal...came back after three months, she said its normal up until 6 months...on the exact day of my six months, I had it taken out...worse BC experience of my life...

DKk0531
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I had mirena for a yr. Hated it! Got it out because the hormones made me crazy lol. Switched to paraguard. I get paraguard out friday
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

at least if something happens with nfp, there is no wtf. good luck :)

Quoting Anonymous:

If I am pregnant I will be fine babies are a blessing regardless of the timing, and if I am not pregnant then I will go back to NFP for my BC lol

Quoting bustybee:

I am sorry that that is happening to you, but it just confirms my personal theory that IUD's just aren't right. it doesn't make sense that it would stay in place. I hope things go the way they want to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup :/

Quoting bustybee:

nice! is the mirena an IUD?

jynkx
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

i hate IUD's!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Idk I'm hoping not because I'd rather deal with an unplanned pregnancy than to miscarry because of some crappy bc

Quoting .ChiMama.:

I have thought this too. Can this happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have Mirena I think it has made me miscarry a few times. :( I will be a week or so late with a few symptoms then I will bleed with a lot of clots and some cramping. I'm really starting to hate this thing. Good luck to you I hope everything turns out ok for you

Eyelashes23
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I hate it. I had it for a year with non stop issues and cramps n bleeding. When I had enough and wanted it removed, I had to have surgery for it!! It was stuck!
jynkx
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

how long have you suffered with the evil paragard?

Quoting DKk0531:

I had mirena for a yr. Hated it! Got it out because the hormones made me crazy lol. Switched to paraguard. I get paraguard out friday

mrsfred07
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Good luck! I'm too paranoid to get an IUD. I would be concerned that it would get embedded or go through the uterine wall. :/
MommyOfOne2710
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Don't tell me that!! I have Mirena!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN