Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I guess im joining in on the PA trend in here.

My husband and I have 2 kids. We DO NOT qualify for ANY assistance at all. We live paycheck to paycheck and barley make ends meet i usually clean my dads house and coupon like crazy to make the $100 a month my dad gives me pay for ALL the groceries we need for the month. I would love the extra help that PA would give us. At the same time I dont feel that we truly NEED it because we provide for our kids they have what they NEED. Ill always do what i need to to provide for my kids. And BTW we literally dont qualify by $30.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I could abuse the system if I wanted. I'm in a gay marriage, we aren't recognized as a marriage federally so I am looked at as a single woman with one child. My wife makes more then enough to support us, but technically I qualify for the whole package. The system is flawed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It truely is. Its sad how messed up our systems really are

Quoting wkukid:

I could abuse the system if I wanted. I'm in a gay marriage, we aren't recognized as a marriage federally so I am looked at as a single woman with one child. My wife makes more then enough to support us, but technically I qualify for the whole package. The system is flawed.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
It pisses me off that SOME people on PA can give their kids more "wants" than SOME people not on PA.

Someone assface will invariably as "jealous?" And really it isnt that. My kids have wants. Its how unfair the system is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

When my husband and I first got married we needed medical for our very sick dd. She had this weird skin condition and had to see a pediatric dermatologist that was $350 per visit and had to go once a month. I applied for medical only, no fs, no cash assistance. We were told we made 2.34 too much. I was so upset.

chas1217
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

That's interesting. I guess I never really thought about how that worked. Learn something new everyday :)

Quoting wkukid:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Use a food bank to supplement.  I don't think people on Welfare should be using the food banks personally, it should be for people like you with no other options.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

We've actually considered applying a few times just to see if I was accepted. It would be nice to have a portion of our groceries paid for each month and some free money. Many other people abuse the system.

Quoting chas1217:

That's interesting. I guess I never really thought about how that worked. Learn something new everyday :)

Quoting wkukid:

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I am in the same situation. I make too much by about $100 a month. I am a single mom and get no child support. I struggle every month just to get by. It is so upsetting that people who really need the help make to much to get it and others abuse the system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I dont know how comfortable i am with all that just because of the stereotype behind it. And i do make ends meet it just takes alot of extra work

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Use a food bank to supplement.  I don't think people on Welfare should be using the food banks personally, it should be for people like you with no other options.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM

exactly

Quoting LauraMH:

I am in the same situation. I make too much by about $100 a month. I am a single mom and get no child support. I struggle every month just to get by. It is so upsetting that people who really need the help make to much to get it and others abuse the system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)