Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
i have always been interedted in titanic. no not the movie with jack and rose but the true story about titanic. someone told me there is a like replica of the titanic for tourists. can anyone tell me if this is true and if so where is it. is there a museum i can go to with the artifacts from titanic? i am just so discusted that so many people died on that ship. i have an old documentary about it on dvd that my future son in law bought me. please dont think i am silly it is just something i find fascinating. thanks in advance. i have tried to look on my phone since that is the only source of internet i have and i am getting no where......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Google it. Hello?

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
There is a exhibition in Vegas. I've been there last year, and it was very impressive. They had an ice block there to give you a feel for how cold the water was, items they recovered from the Titanic, and even a piece of the wall of the ship itself. They also told the stories of some of the passangers. I think there are more exhibitions like this one in different cities.
Mommytotwins44
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
i am not mad per say. i just dont understand why so many people had to die. the captain had gotten several ice warnings and did nothing to stop it according to the documentary i have. thats all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

here in Mystic Ct they have a display with real artifacts... i hope to go one day too

matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM
There is a few around. I know Orlando has like a dinner show thing. The characters are very real, it's supposed to be like you are on titantic .
Smokey mountains has something similar as well.
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I really liked the Titanic Exhibit in Las Vegas! Bodies The Exhibition too! We were there last August.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Branson, MO.  Its about 3 hours from me.  I still havent been to see it tho.  I did see the big exhibit they had at The St Louis Science Center years ago.  They gave us all a ticket with a passengers name on it and you go through the exhibit and then at the end, you get to see if your person survived or not.  Mine didnt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

i met a woman in a nursing home who danced on the Titanic the night before it sailed, at a big party the ship had for the maiden voyage...she was about 12 at the time, and came from a wealthy English family...she also met Mark Twain and Helen Keller

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Branson, Missouri!!!

I went to the half-scale, life sized version of Titanic the Museum & it was AWESOME.
pudgepocalypse
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Google is your friend. Also, quote the people you're replying to. And, dearie, it's per se.

Quoting Mommytotwins44:

i am not mad per say. i just dont understand why so many people had to die. the captain had gotten several ice warnings and did nothing to stop it according to the documentary i have. thats all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)