Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
i have always been interedted in titanic. no not the movie with jack and rose but the true story about titanic. someone told me there is a like replica of the titanic for tourists. can anyone tell me if this is true and if so where is it. is there a museum i can go to with the artifacts from titanic? i am just so discusted that so many people died on that ship. i have an old documentary about it on dvd that my future son in law bought me. please dont think i am silly it is just something i find fascinating. thanks in advance. i have tried to look on my phone since that is the only source of internet i have and i am getting no where......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Google it. Hello?

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
There is a exhibition in Vegas. I've been there last year, and it was very impressive. They had an ice block there to give you a feel for how cold the water was, items they recovered from the Titanic, and even a piece of the wall of the ship itself. They also told the stories of some of the passangers. I think there are more exhibitions like this one in different cities.
Mommytotwins44
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
i am not mad per say. i just dont understand why so many people had to die. the captain had gotten several ice warnings and did nothing to stop it according to the documentary i have. thats all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

here in Mystic Ct they have a display with real artifacts... i hope to go one day too

matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM
There is a few around. I know Orlando has like a dinner show thing. The characters are very real, it's supposed to be like you are on titantic .
Smokey mountains has something similar as well.
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I really liked the Titanic Exhibit in Las Vegas! Bodies The Exhibition too! We were there last August.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Branson, MO.  Its about 3 hours from me.  I still havent been to see it tho.  I did see the big exhibit they had at The St Louis Science Center years ago.  They gave us all a ticket with a passengers name on it and you go through the exhibit and then at the end, you get to see if your person survived or not.  Mine didnt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

i met a woman in a nursing home who danced on the Titanic the night before it sailed, at a big party the ship had for the maiden voyage...she was about 12 at the time, and came from a wealthy English family...she also met Mark Twain and Helen Keller

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Branson, Missouri!!!

I went to the half-scale, life sized version of Titanic the Museum & it was AWESOME.
pudgepocalypse
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Google is your friend. Also, quote the people you're replying to. And, dearie, it's per se.

Quoting Mommytotwins44:

i am not mad per say. i just dont understand why so many people had to die. the captain had gotten several ice warnings and did nothing to stop it according to the documentary i have. thats all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)