Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
i have always been interedted in titanic. no not the movie with jack and rose but the true story about titanic. someone told me there is a like replica of the titanic for tourists. can anyone tell me if this is true and if so where is it. is there a museum i can go to with the artifacts from titanic? i am just so discusted that so many people died on that ship. i have an old documentary about it on dvd that my future son in law bought me. please dont think i am silly it is just something i find fascinating. thanks in advance. i have tried to look on my phone since that is the only source of internet i have and i am getting no where......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (21-25):
RedSoxWife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
There's a traveling exhibit, it was in Idaho Falls, Idaho last year as well. Very awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM

There is a traveling exhibit that includes artifacts from the Titanic like plates, silverware, glass bottles, etc .  They also have a lifesize replica of a stateroom and the grand staircase.  The exhibit I went to had a giant iceberg in a room with the temp set low so you could experience how cold it was the night it went down.  The final room was a memorial to all those that died. It was really cool. Definitely worth checking out if its in your area.

http://www.rmstitanic.net/exhibitions.html

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM

You're right he did have several ice warnings, but they truly believed that the ship couldn't sink. Even with the ice warnings he ordered "full speed ahead"....and they didnt have near enough lifeboats..enough for actually less than half of the people on the ship.

Quoting Mommytotwins44:

i am not mad per say. i just dont understand why so many people had to die. the captain had gotten several ice warnings and did nothing to stop it according to the documentary i have. thats all.

lincolnlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
The one in Vegas is at the Luxor. I went last year on the 100th anniversary. It was really cool. It has as replica of the grand staircase. Lots of artifacts from the shipwreck, and even a huge piece of the ship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Belfast
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN