Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had the flu this year.. Get in here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
So I had the flu last week and its made it rounds in the house. Now ever since I had it I get as what I describe as acid reflux. I have never experienced this before. I am burping up acid with a lot of things I normally eat. For instance I wanted a pb&j sandwich, left my throat feeling like it was burning and most things I am use to eating seem to do the same. It's just strange. I hope this will go away and just be symptoms left behind from the flu. Anyone experience this also?

Just to update .. I had the stomach flu.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Here's a bump.
LuvMyBean
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
My whole house is down with the flu right now :( I'm not having heartburn issues but my husband if so hopefully it will clear up. I told him I thought it was from taking so much medication on an empty stomach.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM

No, but 3 weeks later I'm still sick!  I even caught it DAY 1!!  I still have the very stuffy nose, inability to taste anything, and exhaustion!  Flu sucks.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Ugh, I got bronchitis halfway through the flu too.

My heartburn has gotten a bit worse it seems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I was taking anti nausea meds for a few days, but the burning feeling has not stopped. The only way it makes it feel some what Better is a cold drink. It's just odd

Quoting LuvMyBean:

My whole house is down with the flu right now :( I'm not having heartburn issues but my husband if so hopefully it will clear up. I told him I thought it was from taking so much medication on an empty stomach.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I never had heart burn before so I don't really know if what I have is similar. I just know its annoying and burping causes the acid to come up. I just wish it will disappear

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Ugh, I got bronchitis halfway through the flu too.

My heartburn has gotten a bit worse it seems.

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

perhaps you are pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Yes it does. I was sick for a few days which were the worst. Now I just have no energy and I am easily exhausted.
I know that they say it can last anywhere fro a few days till weeks. My fear is I will get sick again because every one is sick but with different symptoms then I had :(

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but 3 weeks later I'm still sick!  I even caught it DAY 1!!  I still have the very stuffy nose, inability to taste anything, and exhaustion!  Flu sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Sorry can't help you, I have acid reflux anyways, but here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
That would be a miracle and a law suit.. Lol
I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago

Quoting D.O.E.:

perhaps you are pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)