Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I believe this story?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

OK so I have "known" this really great group of women since I was pregnant with my almost 5 year old daughter, from a group on a different mom site.  We are all FB friends and have an FB group now.  Everyone is very seemingly normal and very nice, the group has been going a couple years now with almost zero drama.  It's very nice, everyone gets along.

There was a woman who divorced her husband just after she had her daughter in 2008, she has been a single mom for years.  Suddenly out of the blue in September, all of her FB statuses are things about being in love, she's so happy, etc etc, when she had never even mentioned dating.  Then in October she elopes to Vegas to get married.  She posted in the group that the guy has been her best friend and she's actually known him for 10 years.  So ok, cool, maybe not as rushed as it seemed from just her profile.

Then she announces at some point to our little group that she's 5 weeks pregnant with twins.  I can't remember exactly when this was, but it seems like it was several weeks ago, maybe even a few months!  Then recently announced on her profile that she's 10 weeks pregnant with twins.  Also can't remember when, but it seems like it's been at LEAST a few weeks i.e., she should be well into the second trimester by now, possibly even farther along.

Two weeks ago she posted that her husband of less than 3 months wanted a divorce because he hates her 4 almost 5 year old daughter!!!  She then says that he has a 7 year old he is a crappy father to, and he wants no part in the twins' lives.  Couple days later she deactivates her FB.  (Hence why I can't look for dates of when she said certain things).

Today a mom in the group said she just received a text from this woman that she lost the twins.  

What would you think?

Am I totally off base in thinking this is all just an attention seeking lie?  Or maybe I just HOPE it is, because that's more appealing to me than the thought that this woman married someone who hates her daughter and is not a father to the kids he already has.  WTH!!!  but she did have pics posted of the wedding in Vegas, and twin ultrasounds.  It's all very odd.  Maybe she had an abortion or something like that?  I don't know, but something just seems so fishy and I'm having a problem taking this STORY at face value from someone who was so low key and not a trainwreck for so long.  What would you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmom71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I would believe her until I had proof she was lying but that is me.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Stranger things can happen, I can assure you of that. Maybe she did lose them from all the stress.. I don't know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kkps725
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Sounds to me she was desperate to find a companion and rushed things before getting to know the intimate side of him..
I found out I was pregnant really early so i wouldn't think anything of how far along she was..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM

maybe she aborted them and didnt want to admit it so she said she lost them??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I know a woman like that. She rushed everything and now shes stuck with a jerk. She also is over dramatic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Kinda what I am thinking too.  I mean it's just TOO coincidental, right??

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe she aborted them and didnt want to admit it so she said she lost them??

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM

did she actually even get married?  i always think people are full of crap...i would assume it was all one big lie.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I kind of wait things like that out if I have a suspicion it's all a lie. If it's a lie it will surface soon.
maryroses
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Sounds like a lie.  If I had to guess I would say she... just met him, married him, got pregnant, and had an abortion or she made the whole thing up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I'm not sure if she actually got married or not.  She changed her last name on FB and posted pictures of her and a guy in Vegas and posted pictures of rings.  All on her regular profile.  But I mean REALLY, how the HELL do you marry someone and then move in with them just to find out a couple months later he "hates" your daughter?  And wants a divorce because of the daughter?  It just seems like she's trying to play the victim a little too much.  It's weird.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)