Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kitty died on my sons birthday:(

Posted by   + Show Post
Its my sons eleventh birthday. We have had our cat for seven and a half years and she was just the best cat of all time. She has been sick with a cold for a couple of weeks. We got home from picking our birthday boy from school and found her dead in the yard. I feel horrible our baby has to forever remember that his cat died on his birthday. Please pray for him. He is taking it hard. I am too but I am holding it in for when they go to sleep. I miss my kitty. Rip Cinnamon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (21-23):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. They mean a lot to me.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I'm so sorry. Bless your hearts. I will certainly be keeping your sweet boy in my prayers, and you, I know how much a part of your family and heart a pet gets to be. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You're very welcome. Some people don't understand how much a pet can come to mean to you, but I know they do. My furbabies are my babies, and they know it! Hopefully you all can get another pet soon, when you have had some time to heal from losing your kitty.

Quoting celestegood:

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. They mean a lot to me.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I'm so sorry. Bless your hearts. I will certainly be keeping your sweet boy in my prayers, and you, I know how much a part of your family and heart a pet gets to be. 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No its not stupid. Its a very good suggestion. Dh and my son buried her and he said good bye to her. He even took some pictures. It seemed to help him.

Quoting levansbx:

Aw...losing a pet is very hard. So sorry it happened on your son's birthday. This might sound stupid, but maybe you could have a little funeral for the cat to help with the grieving and letting go process. Symbolic things like that can really help kids move forward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN