Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay. So me and my friend were talking on the phone and somehow we got on the subject of tampons lol. We were just talking about periods and all the fun stuff that goes along with being on your period. Anyway, my question is to you ladies is when you are on your period and when you are in the shower do you take your tampon out before you shower and put a new one in after your shower or do you shower with a tampon in while your on your period? We are having a bet over this...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
mommy053008
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Always take mine out and get a new one when im dine in the shower. THANKFULLY I never have bad periods they only last 3/4 days and only my second day is medium flow bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I leave it in and change it afterwards. I feel no particular need to clean internally, while on my period, as some suggest. It seems counter productive to rinse an area that is having a constant flow of blood at that point. I also flow much to much to simply leave it out and be comfortable. I could deal with the blood int he shower (although it's not really something I'm crazy about) but not the dripping all over when the water is off and I'm getting out of the shower.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I'm really confused! Did you put toilet paper inside yourself. I'm not trying to be rude but seriously am curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I clean myself inside and out when i shower. When i use tampons, i want a new one. This week i was low on cash, so i simple used toilet paper. I was surprised at how less of a mess there was..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I take mine out when I shower.

1CopaceticMama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
When I still had them...I took it out.
Loving19mommy92
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I take it out and put a new one in when I get out.

CafeMom Tickers

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I take it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Not exactly. I folded some tp the length of a liner and kinda push some in..

Quoting JacksonGirl:

I'm really confused! Did you put toilet paper inside yourself. I'm not trying to be rude but seriously am curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I clean myself inside and out when i shower. When i use tampons, i want a new one. This week i was low on cash, so i simple used toilet paper. I was surprised at how less of a mess there was..

DieMyDarling
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I wear mine in the shower until my flow is light...I don't want to bleed on my towels or my freshly cleaned body. I usually change it right before I jump in so everything's clean (my flow is VERY heavy for the first 1.5 days).
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Take it out than shower than put in a new one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)