Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far would you go ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
To make sure your hubby is healthy...
My husband is 45 and had his first heart attack a month Eeago he survived thank god.. He promised to take his health seriosly no more smoking drinking or junk food.. Well today I came home from work and he was scafing down a Big Mac And a large coke. SERIOUSLY! Im pissed cant even look,at him right now I might as well go and pre pay for a funneral if he wont take this BIG WARNING.
Vent over
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Tread carefully....I am the one with chronic illness in my house.  I take good care of myself, but every once in a while DH starts being "parental" about my meds or my diet or whatever, and it makes me run toward the ice cream.  Be encouraging and supportive and make him WANT to fix his health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Im just so scared of losing him ...

Quoting happykitty316:

Tread carefully....I am the one with chronic illness in my house.  I take good care of myself, but every once in a while DH starts being "parental" about my meds or my diet or whatever, and it makes me run toward the ice cream.  Be encouraging and supportive and make him WANT to fix his health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Is one Big Mac and a coke that important in the scheme of things?  Its not like he is eating that every single day, right?  You're scared of losing him, would you want your last memory to be of you being pissed off over a burger?  If it becomes habit, then be mad.  One time?  Overreacting. 

1CopaceticMama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I would be pissed too but he has to want to change his ways. You can't do it for him. My hubby is obese and I know what you mean but he is an adult and I am not his mom :(. All I can do is buy healthy food for the house and try to get him out for walks with me and stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
He didnt have a minor heart attack ! He litteraly just droped while we were in the middle of washing the dishes (i wash , he rineses) boom and nothing !We were talking and laughing then he fell like a ton of bricks! Im terrified of him dieing this was just a month ago so I think its ok for me to over react I didnt scream or bitch I just,walked away

Quoting Anonymous:

Is one Big Mac and a coke that important in the scheme of things?  Its not like he is eating that every single day, right?  You're scared of losing him, would you want your last memory to be of you being pissed off over a burger?  If it becomes habit, then be mad.  One time?  Overreacting. 

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:01 AM

spike his food with vitamins and fiber.  Use sex as exercise too!  have active family time such as walks, swims, etc.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Maybe just say, I guess I will have to walk our child down the aisle since you may not live to see the day at this rate.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM

cook low carb meals overall, switch out regular pasta and bread for whole grains, cheese and milk to low fat versions, regular coffee to decaf, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:07 AM
So scary. He is way too young for that! Do what you can to help him. Figure out how to cook his favorites in a healthy way, ask him every night to go for a walk, etc. But, if he doesn't want to do it, there is nothing you can do. Let him know how scared you are, but don't beat him up for not doing the right thing. It won't do any good anyway. Just be supportive.
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM

ultimately, HE has to be the one to make the change... you can only support him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)