Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please be honest!!!!! If you have ever been on a road trip, come in here!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have you ever taken your child(ren) out of their caeseat, like to feed the baby or something...

Be honest, go anon if you need to!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Replies (171-180):
MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

No never. We have driven long distances several times since Dd (2) was born. I am a nervous driver/passenger as it is, I wouldn't be able to take her out without being paranoid. We stop if we need to get her out of her seat, and usually drive at night so she will be sleeping for the most part. 

Channell07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Nope.. We always pulled over

KailesMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I will say it without hiding. I went 3 states away and instead of stopping for dd to move around and all that, well i was in the back seat with her and she was 6 months old, i took her out and played with her for about an hour and let her fall asleep and put her back in. We were on a 9 hour long car ride and only had so much time. I took her out for changes as well. But that was the only time she was out for long. I fed her in her car seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
No. The only time he's rode unrestrained was the time he split his melon open and couldn't get the bleeding to stop after a while of direct pressure. My stbxh called 911 but I refused transport but I had to keep pressure while he was in the seat but not restrained. I look at it and think of what I shoulda, coulda, woulda done but at the time, I wasn't thinking clearly.
Mrs.Blake12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Its my married name. Where is your family from?

Quoting lucsch:

Hi Mrs Blake---my maiden name is Blake. Are we related?

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Yikes

Quoting lucsch:

The ladies will be aghast at this! However, I'm old enough to remember when there were no seatbelts in cars and babies were put in basket-like beds that hung over the seat. I remember my mom throwing her arm in front of me (yes I rode in the front seat!) when she had to stop really quickly.

Quoting wooly:

When they were infants no but when they got bigger we took the back seat out of the van and after we got going on the highway we turned them loose to get in the back and play with their toys. This was before the day of built in DVD players.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM

WV

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Quoting lucsch:

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Yikes

Quoting lucsch:

The ladies will be aghast at this! However, I'm old enough to remember when there were no seatbelts in cars and babies were put in basket-like beds that hung over the seat. I remember my mom throwing her arm in front of me (yes I rode in the front seat!) when she had to stop really quickly.

Quoting wooly:

When they were infants no but when they got bigger we took the back seat out of the van and after we got going on the highway we turned them loose to get in the back and play with their toys. This was before the day of built in DVD players.

Mrs.Blake12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Not sure. Sorry :-(

Quoting lucsch:

WV

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Quoting lucsch:

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Yikes

Quoting lucsch:

Quoting wooly:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Nope. Unless pulled over, it's an irresponsible thing to do.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We went on a 16 hour road trip last summer. I feel asleep and when I woke up, dd was out of her car seat sleeping with the seat reclined all the way and seat belt on. That was my husbands doing. I wouldn't have allowed her to get out of her seat. Oh well, we all lived. DD was 5 at the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

No, but I am a 'stopper'. Our summer road trip for vacation is a 5 hour drive up north, and I'd say I stop every 45-50 minutes or so. It's rare that the kids are in there too long at any given time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN